Thread: The Murder House

World Champion

The Murder House

Anyone else remember this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sure do! Where on earth did you find that?

I'm with Rhys " where ..." did you find that ? " .. I see it was is issued by the New Zealand Department of Health.
    Any idea of a date for it Bry ?? 40's 50's style racing cars ..

Back in the days of the " Murder House " being a small building off to the side of the school grounds ;
    I remember the small wooden building near the bottom gate at New Lynn Primary where the Dental Nurse ' lived ' !

That was in the Dental Clinic at Havelock North Primary (56-60), also at Dannevirke North when I went there in 1960, and I have a feeling I saw it at other schools when I was teaching in the 70s! I don't know when I saw it first at Havelock.

World Champion
    Hi there Rhys and Roger. I found it on intergoogle some time back. Can't find the source but they have to be early 60s. I remember this on the waiting room wall at Carlton Primary Wanganui back then.

Sure do remember that place at my school. It was situated just off Te Ra Road, Pt Chevalier near the 'primmers' part of Pt Chev Primary school. It wasn't unusual to hear kids in that place screaming their heads-off.
    The posters in the waiting-area encouraged kids to eat fruits and that was emphasised by the action-scenes such as depicted with the track-scene on this Forum.
    Perhaps we are the fortunate ones to have had the benefits of early childhood dental-care compared to other countries. It was the prophetic words of Fred Dagg's famous song " We don't know how lucky we are " that turned-out to be true.
    Ray Willis

World Champion
    here's another one
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting that NZ had these dental clinics for kids. As far as I am aware, in the UK, apart from a regular full school medical every two or three years, you merely got dragged off to the dentist by your parents as/when required. Free treatment until you were 21 too.

We did have the 'nit nurse' visit...

The first poster seems a very 'Americanised' depiction of cars.
    Last edited by ERC; 08-18-2021 at 12:13 AM.