Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OSCA 40th Reunion

The Vuyk Stilleto went to Bryan Bate late seventies ,at that time I put the Mazda engine into it for him

Evan ,thanks for all the effort in getting the 40th up and going ,from all reports it was great .I am just so sorry that after months of planning ,last minute circumstances precluded me being there ,but my thanks again to everyone involved

Fantastic photos Nick. Thanks for posting them. Some really great shots there

Weekend Warrior
    The photos I have posted of The capri are from when my dad raced and owned it. One of the single car photographs which pictures it without any numbers or sponsors was how it was the first day he drove the car, just after he bought it. I hope these early pictures help with the history of the car. If you have any more questions regarding his cars I will be happy to ask him for you.

Pictures are of the Capris first day at the track
    These were reposted in answer to Steve Holmes question regarding the flares that the car had, These should answer the question regarding what the car was like in it's original configuration
    Last edited by Nick Slade; 11-19-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Fantastic photos Nick. Thanks for posting them. Some really great shots there
    You are welcome, it was fun looking through my dads photos of all his old race cars. I was very young when I went to the track with him but obviously it had a lasting impression as I have been Involved in racing my entire career

In post #73 the car behind the #79 A40 Farina is Alex Holmes in his Morumber!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Slade View Post
    You are welcome, it was fun looking through my dads photos of all his old race cars. I was very young when I went to the track with him but obviously it had a lasting impression as I have been Involved in racing my entire career
    Hi Nick, cool photos with your old man and mine. I think I remember mum telling me that our fathers used to race each other in Anglias? then once Dad came back from Aussie thinking he had the only Capri again he ended up racing your old man with his Capri

Hey Nick,
    Great pictures! Thanks for posting.
    I remember you dads Mustang before Rob Kennard had it.
    When your dad ran it, did it have a Boss 302 or the Gurney Weslake powering it?
    It had so much history thru OSCA, that '67, and was a personal favorite of mine as a kid.
    Neat stuff!!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Post #71, the Anglia following Frank Ryans Capri is Arthur Jelley's 3 liter V6 Ford powered example..

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    Hi Nick, cool photos with your old man and mine. I think I remember mum telling me that our fathers used to race each other in Anglias? then once Dad came back from Aussie thinking he had the only Capri again he ended up racing your old man with his Capri
    My dad said he was racing in his Austin A40 and your dad had the Anglia. The Capri photo with them both is a great picture!

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nzboss View Post
    Hey Nick,
    Great pictures! Thanks for posting.
    I remember you dads Mustang before Rob Kennard had it.
    When your dad ran it, did it have a Boss 302 or the Gurney Weslake powering it?
    It had so much history thru OSCA, that '67, and was a personal favorite of mine as a kid.
    Neat stuff!!
    It had no engine in it when he got it so he put a weslake engine in it, parts of that engine he said he got from Peter Knight who raced boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Slade View Post
    Thanks, the Anglia was built by my dad from a street car around 1970, it was left hand drive because of steering rack that my dad used and the position he mounted it he realized when you turned wheel left the wheels turned right so it was easier for him at that stage to make it LHD. He made it a fastback Almost right after he built it. The car went to the Wellington area but Dad does not know who it was that had the car next. The Capri was before the mustang and I will try to post more info on these sometime soon
    Thanks Nick. Interesting that he stopped running the Capri and took on the Mustang. The Capri would seem to have more potential and this is where several competitors eventually went to, whereas the Mustang would have been right at the very end of its development. But Bob was a bit of a pioneer with the Capri, being the first, or one of the first, in NZ to race one of these with a V8.

Was the Mustang the old Kennett/Dunlop/Haig car?

Quote Originally Posted by bob homewood View Post
    Attachment 4594

The Frank Ryan car as it was at Teretonga October 12th 1975,this was its debut meeting apparently
    Thanks Bob. I'm sure you're probably right about this being the first meeting for this car. Its final prep looks quite rushed. Looks like it might still be in primer? It was later painted up quite nicely in two-tone.

World Champion
    Sorry how do I get a copy of any dvd or photos of the event?

Hi, I'll be doing up a DVD probably in the new year once I have some free time. I'll let everyone know via this forum.
    Can anyone recommend someone who does this?
    Cheers Munty

Weekend Warrior
    hi all how many cars can we expect at teretonga this weekend Im really looking forward to seeing who ever turns up hope we have good good weather

Hi car mad, should be a good field of cars with just a few classics spread into the current OSCA field as some of the classics came from up North and couldn't do another trip so soon after Ruapuna plus a couple of the cars had issues which aren't resolved yet.

Weekend Warrior
    Hi car mad. Ian here. Can assume you are OSCA fan. So am I. I man the infield track crossing gate at Teretonga. See you Saturday or Sunday. Cheers.

OSCA 40th DVD will be available about the end of the month so if interested please email me at evanmunt@hotmail.com and let me know your details.
    I'll confirm once I get them but looks like being approx 4 hours over 2 DVD's of the 80's and 1 race from 1992 and probably about $25 plus postage.
    Cheers Evan