Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OSCA 40th Reunion

Great work Evan. That should take a couple of box's to watch, after all the rewinds and "who's that, Oh yea I remember" or "watch this keep an eye on Oz and Mc" Will be intouch sounds like a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    Hi, I'll be doing up a DVD probably in the new year once I have some free time. I'll let everyone know via this forum.
    Can anyone recommend someone who does this?
    Cheers Munty
    Hey Munty,

If you have any issues getting the DVD up and running, copying etc feel free to contact me direct. I have considerable experience in editing and authoring of DVDs if you get stuck.

Muz

Thanks Muz, have a place doing it but if any issues I'll give you a bell
    Cheers Evan

Hi all, OSCA DVD is now available. Twin DVD with over 3 and half hours coverage of Levels, Ruapuna, Wigram, Teretonga, Manfeild & Baypark.
    $35 plus $5 courier. Would love to hear your comments either on this forum or private.
    For payment and to supply address email me evanmunt@hotmail.com
    Cheers Evan

Rod your vidio is done send details..

Cheers Jim.
    PO Box 167
    Paihia
    Bay of Islands

PS After only about 20 odd years it was great to catch up with you at Roycroft meeting, you have matured very well and still look dangerous. (beware AMCO)
    Best Wishes

Just got Ian's 2 DVD's tonight and have watched the first one only so far. Fecking wonderful stuff. The quality is a bit naff as you would expect after that many years but I DONT CARE! Wonderful stuff.. so far the Bay Park meeting is the highlight! with SOUND from TV.
    heres the start line up.
    Name:  Baypark1.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  59.4 KB

and the Grindley mazda.. is that the Addis Charger behind?
    Name:  baypark2.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  64.6 KB

I have also received the OSCA DVD's today many thanks Evan! I have made it thru to the start of the Manfield footage, and so far its probably the most entertaining racing thats been on my telly for a long time..... you can tell that the drivers actually have to work at getting the cars around the circuit! And the ACTION lockups, sliding, rollovers, engine failures,extra close racing WITHOUT contact....
    Off to get a good nights rest so the fun can start again tomorrow!

Thanks guys Im sure you will enjoy the second DVD just as much.
    Yes thats Addis' Charger behind Grindley.
    Have you noticed the lack of safety from spectators especially at Ruapuna. Kids and adults standing on side of track down the main straight or sitting on a couple of tyres with legs hanging over....the good old days!!!

World Champion
    And at a guess Graeme Park in the Marina next to him behind Ralph Mossman in the Viva

Weekend Warrior
    fondest memories of the OSCA series were of being able to sit in Trevor Crowes little Toyota Starlet, I remember at race meets going over and hanging out in and around that car. Of course many years later Trevor gave me the opportunity to do an Apprenticeship at his workshop and although I had some troubles adjusting to life in a grown ups world, today I am very thankful to Trevor and the guys at Trevors that I believe today are many of the best Mechanics I have ever worked with. I went on to work nine full seasons in the Champ car/Indycar series but even today one of my Favorites is still the Little starlet.
    My son was able to sit in the second Starlet that Trevor and the guys built that later went to Freeth and I took a few pictures. I would like to post some pics of that great little car.

Weekend Warrior

The Last Photo is of My Son in the second Starlet taken at Ruapuna in 09

Nice post there Nick. Those two cars were absolute giant killers, and must have infuriated the bigger cars they raced against. All the cars from that era (OSCA and Sports Sedans) were so full of character. Some worked well, others didn't, but they were unique, and each a showcase of its owners personal opinion of the ultimate sedan.