Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: benson and hedges vh commodore ss

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    benson and hedges vh commodore ss

    hi everyone, i am currently the owner of one of the 30 b and h vh commodores that where homologated
    back in the eighties for production car racing was bought new by rod collingwood in timaru i have some photos of the car in action but if anyone has information ,photos etc.i would appreciate to be contacted. i still do the odd track day with the car and really enjoy it.
    cheers

    Graham

  2. #2
    Hi Graham, I hope you don't mind but I've copied this thread across to the General Discussion area of the forum, so you'll get more views.

    I wrote a story on these cars many years ago for Australian Muscle Car magazine, and interviewed Robin Curtis who was instrumental in their creation. There were several photos that came to light. Can you recall what number Rod Collingwood raced as?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Hi Graham, I hope you don't mind but I've copied this thread across to the General Discussion area of the forum, so you'll get more views.

    I wrote a story on these cars many years ago for Australian Muscle Car magazine, and interviewed Robin Curtis who was instrumental in their creation. There were several photos that came to light. Can you recall what number Rod Collingwood raced as?
    Rod Collingwood and Stu Barclay ran with number 9 in the 1982 B&H Series. At Pukekohe they finished fifth, completing 197 laps. Commodores filled the first three places with the Bowkett/Baigent Celica fourth preventing a top four finish for the GM cars.
    Last edited by Milan Fistonic; 08-25-2021 at 11:38 AM.

  4. #4
    cheers for that

  5. #5
    hi Steve thanks for that as mentioned in another thread i have a couple of photos with racing number 9 and another with 15 i have the australian muscle car article which was great.we recently tracked down the curtis black car which was for sale but they decided to keep it in the family.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vhcommodore View Post
    hi everyone, i am currently the owner of one of the 30 b and h vh commodores that where homologated
    back in the eighties for production car racing was bought new by rod collingwood in timaru i have some photos of the car in action but if anyone has information ,photos etc.i would appreciate to be contacted. i still do the odd track day with the car and really enjoy it.
    cheers

    Graham
    Was the original rego KW1188? That car Rod Collingwood ran in 1983 was sold to Pat Monaghan in Southland and he ran it in 1984. Pat and Trevor Crowe finished second at Puke in 1984, PM me if you would like to speak to Pat. I posted on South Island Motorsport fb page about that car recently

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rt6pack View Post
    Was the original rego KW1188? That car Rod Collingwood ran in 1983 was sold to Pat Monaghan in Southland and he ran it in 1984. Pat and Trevor Crowe finished second at Puke in 1984, PM me if you would like to speak to Pat. I posted on South Island Motorsport fb page about that car recently
    Sorry one year out, 1982 Collingwood 1983 Monaghan

  8. #8
    hi yes that was rego and pat was the second owner after rod

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •