Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Request

A Request

I want to make a plea to those who come on this forum to request information on a subject dear to their hearts.

When someone goes to the trouble to research a reply to your question, scan details pertaining to the subject and posts a reply, that you at least acknowledge that you have seen the reply and post a reply as to whether the post was useful to you.

I realise that, unlike Facebook, on this Forum you do not get notification of replies, but surely you should be checking for answers to your queries.

As an example I replied to a request for information on the same day, but four days later there has been no comment.
    It makes you wonder if it’s worth the trouble to help some people.

Milan,
    As someone who sometimes gets things wrong I thank you for correcting my notes or gently reminding me that the answer to my question is actually in your comments or the image posted.
    I appreciate your responses and respond.

Your " A Request " It is a good reminder to say thank you for information provided and a short comment to acknowledge and a simple courtesy.

TRS is good as you can keyword search when looking for thread names, topics or even just a particular event or car.

Cheers

Roger ..

Milan,
    I think we all appreciate your input and in many cases we look to you and your fine sources when someone posts an enquiry about a race or entry list. I know I do. Although I have not yet needed your "services" I thank you for information you have posted so far and look forward to more in the future.
    Thanks again
    Allan Cameron

And just to prove a point Milan here is a photo that I did not know existed and that I treasure. Posted by you on facebook (of which I am not a member) some time back.
    Thank you.Allan

Name:  125T.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  100.6 KB

Thanks for your comments. I'm always happy to use my photos and archives to provide answers or suggestions to anybody's questions.

I always appreciate your input Milan, and if there was ever a time I forgot to thank you, I do apologise!

Completely concur Milan. Without your incredible knowledge and resource this forum would be a much poorer resource, and full of inaccuracies.
    I hate it when a post from someone who was there and is factually correct is posted by someone else as their own.

World Champion
    Milan,
    You are such a wonderful asset to this TRS forum and I am continually amazed at the information you provide so readily.
    Don't give up on us mate.
    A gentle reminder like this does us all good !
    With a great deal of appreciation for you from afar,
    Ken H.
    Los Olivos. CA.

I also fully appreciate what Milan has said here...

We have a situation on TNF where someone with a Facebook page about a circuit posts photos to get the identity of the cars and drivers. He thanks us, that's fine.

But he only posts the photos he cannot identify, why can't we also see the other pics?

I mean without going to Facebook.

First of all it's courtesy, secondly a reply/ acknowledgment will often draw out more on the subject as someone like you would have scurried off to find something, and come across more and be so close to post it for us all that a small thanks might trigger that. I'll often answer something briefly just to get it done and be sitting on more.
    At the end of the day it's the people who ask and don't thank who miss out.
    Like the others said your stuff is gold, and appreciated thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    But he only posts the photos he cannot identify, why can't we also see the other pics?

I mean without going to Facebook.
    Quite simply Ray, there are relatively few pics that cannot be identified, so far better to limit a Facebook page to queries. I think it is great idea. I have a folder full of queries most though refer to the lack of a date and Milan has enabled me to shrink that folder.

I literally took thousands in the two weeks I was away, and no way in the world would I post all of them, anywhere. I'm spending my time in MIQ going through what I did take, and apart from the single seaters at Curborough, I can probably name them all anyway - or by referring to a Goodwood race programme, or a museum display card, and failing that, an internet search.

I had to search this morning for what turned out to be a "Scott Sociable"... I missed taking a pic of the museum display card.

Ray, I can name the single seaters for you if wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I agree.
    As do I.

I can see I've been misunderstood...

He only posts on TNF the photos he can't identify. All of the pics get put on Facebook and we only get the ones (on TNF) which are put there to burden us with the job of working out who the subjects are.

Oldfart, maybe you can start with this one?

It's stumped a few.

That's outside the period I knew. Formula Pacific never attracted me.
    I was talking about the single seaters at Curborough for Ray Green.

I can see I've been misunderstood...

He only posts on TNF the photos he can't identify. All of the pics get put on Facebook and we only get the ones (on TNF) which are put there to burden us with the job of working out who the subjects are.

Oldfart, maybe you can start with this one?

It's stumped a few.
    Ray, you said that the person that posted this photo has a Facebook page about a circuit. Which circuit?

Hume Weir, Milan...

Originally posted by Oldfart
    That's outside the period I knew. Formula Pacific never attracted me.
    I was talking about the single seaters at Curborough for Ray Green.
    I think this is 1977...

ANF2 and ANF3 cars in frame.

World Champion
    I think this is 1977...

ANF2 and ANF3 cars in frame.
    Doug Heasman, Rennmax BN6 Ford from Peter Macrow, Cheetah Mk6 Toyota,