Thread: Formula Atlantic/Pacific

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richard lester View Post
    Hi Grant,hope alls good with you...pretty sure at that time other watson driver was parker johnstone from US...i was in my ex Bowe 81 RT4 and i ended up buying the David brabham 86 RT4 at season end......
    Richard (and others),

I was sent a link to this thread by a friend in Australia (where I live) as I recently bought an RT4 and have been recing it for about a year. I don't have details for all of its life as I have an original logbook, the current logbook but the one that covered the period in between has either been lost or covered the period the car was in New Zealand and possibly operated under your log book system.

I have quoted your entry above as I think that there is a small chance that you were the owner of the car I acquired as it is an 86 RT4 that I believe was raced in New Zealand by David Brabham. According to the records I do have it was originally owned by Ralt Australia (Graham Watson) but stayed in New Zealand after racing there in early 1986 before returning to Australia in 1998 when acquired by Ray Stubber. It is Chassis number 592 and competed in PYE livery.

I would be grateful for any information you have about the car.

Having read this thread and some other material it sounds like you folks in New Zealand had (and still have) a very high interest in open wheeler racing and I have wondered whether there is an active racing scene/series for Atlantics over there at present. In that regard I would also be grateful for any information anyone has about what sounds like an "historic racing festival" in New Zealand scheduled for January 2015 that is to be run over a few weekends. I have found some information about it using google but haven't been able to find any details about eligibility and classes etc.

I have a recent photo of the car which I will try and attach and anyone that was at the 2014 Phillip Island classic may have seen it in the flesh there.
    Attached Images Attached Images