Thread: Book, “ Ralph Watson Special Engineer ” again available.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would like to donate ten copies of “Ralph Watson Special Engineer, Supplementary Edition“ to both the Northern Sports Car Club and the Auckland Car Club, to be sold over the bar during club evenings, at a Suggested price of $30.00, i.e. as a means of adding to club funds.

However I have lost touch and need a club official to email me in order to take up this offer and arrange collection of the books from my home address and am not sure of who is best to contact. Can someone here please advise or pass on this message?
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 02-27-2023 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Donation of the book

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    I would like to donate ten copies of “Ralph Watson Special Engineer, Supplementary Edition“ to both the Northern Sports Car Club and the Auckland Car Club, to be sold over the bar during club evenings, at a Suggested price of $30.00, i.e. as a means of adding to club funds.

However I have lost touch and need a club official to email me in order to take up this offer and arrange collection of the books from my home address and am not sure of who is best to contact. Can someone here please advise or pass on this message?
    Trevor,
    That is a very kind offer, and I am sure you great friend Ralph Watson would approve, having been a member of NSCC going back to the very early years in his Singer.

Later in this his own car the BSA Special as featured in the book - the passenger is Lloyd Gleeson from New Plymouth photo from the 1990's.
    Name:  BSA Special #126 Ralph Watson BSA Ralph and Lloyd Gleeson Car Trial L Gleeson.Jpg
Views: 351
Size:  135.3 KB

I can pass your message on via Rod Peat, who organised the NSCC Reunion last August and get someone from the Club NSCC to contact you and can also contact through Kevin Lancaster the Auckland Car Club.

I can pass on your Email address and as both clubs are Auckland based, getting the books from you should be no problem at all.

Leave it with me, could take a few days ..

Cheers Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Trevor,
    That is a very kind offer, and I am sure you great friend Ralph Watson would approve, having been a member of NSCC going back to the very early years in his Singer.

Later in this his own car the BSA Special as featured in the book - the passenger is Lloyd Gleeson from New Plymouth photo from the 1990's.
    Name:  BSA Special #126 Ralph Watson BSA Ralph and Lloyd Gleeson Car Trial L Gleeson.Jpg
Views: 351
Size:  135.3 KB

I can pass your message on via Rod Peat, who organised the NSCC Reunion last August and get someone from the Club NSCC to contact you and can also contact through Kevin Lancaster the Auckland Car Club.

I can pass on your Email address and as both clubs are Auckland based, getting the books from you should be no problem at all.

Leave it with me, could take a few days ..

Cheers Roger
    The offer of the books, I have made direct contact with the respective clubs to their Admin or secretary Email addresses, as I had not got a direct contact with either club.

I have asked that they respond via myself OR direct to you, Trevor through your Email address.

Cheers

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    The offer of the books, I have made direct contact with the respective clubs to their Admin or secretary Email addresses, as I had not got a direct contact with either club.

I have asked that they respond via myself OR direct to you, Trevor through your Email address.

Cheers

Roger
    Thanks Roger,

You have encountered my problem, i.e. neither club provides a means of contact within their website. If it were otherwise I would not have needed to post here for assistance. Furthermore what surprises me is that I did not receive a direct response as a result of a club official reading by post. I served a term as secretary of the Northern Sports Car Club and in my time things were more efficient. LOL
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 03-10-2023 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Typo