Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book, “ Ralph Watson Special Engineer ” again available.

ACC picked up their books this morning but strangely I have not had any response from NSCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    ACC picked up their books this morning but strangely I have not had any response from NSCC.
    Good news Trevor about Auckland Car Club,

I have sent another message to NSCC and also will try a phone number I have tomorrow.. leave them on a Sunday

Cheers
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Good news Trevor about Auckland Car Club,

I have sent another message to NSCC and also will try a phone number I have tomorrow.. leave them on a Sunday

Cheers
    Roger
    The NSCC have contacted Trevor, and the Secretary Marlene Mitchell will pick them up,It may well have happened.
    Both clubs appreciate the generous offer for copies of a great book.

Thank you Trevor Sheffield ..

The NSCC have contacted Trevor, and the Secretary Marlene Mitchell will pick them up,It may well have happened.

Meantime, I have sent off another batch to Piccadilly Books in Christchurch, who have them available at $30.00.

Marlene Mitchell collected the books today and I mentioned my experience when in her position some 70 years ago and gave her a personally endorsed copy. She advised that she now has only approximately 100 members to deal with, which rather surprised me.
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 04-15-2023 at 12:21 AM.

Not to be outdone, the Historic Racing & Sports car club are collecting ten books. The club holds the Ralph Watson Memorial trophy which has not been competed for of late and their web site is rather in the doldrums all, of which is a pity. I have suggested that they participate here as a means of stirring up interest.