Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
something similar but different
" jw " Was in our local Library at Omokoroa Western Bay of Plenty Council today to collect a book that one of the guys who works there was repairing for me .
He was interested in the book " Up to Speed " the Ron Roycroft story and mentioned his Father use to grass track Race and also Hill Climb in a car 1960's 1970's and his Uncle is Cliff Kingston a Motorcycle Racer who entered events in the Bay in the 1960's - 1970's.
Cliff Kingston was the NZACU Road Race Championship 250 cc Winner in the 1967 - 68 Season.

In a publication about Tauranga Motorcycle Club he is mentioned as one of the " Notable Champions and Titleholders " which includes Dixie Dean Ken Mudford [ off Waiheke TT races fame ] Andrew Scrivener and others.

Image from BoP Photo News

Name:  NZ TT #070 Dixie Deans and Cliff Kingston Tauranga Motorcycle Club BoP Photo News page 64 25 Jul.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  84.2 KB

The photo led me to a series of photos of the Glenvale 100 at Baypark in 1970. and a certain Jim Palmer with Brian Scobie and others.

Name:  Baypark #174 Jim Palmer Monaro Glenvale 100 Winner presentation 1970 BoP photo news #98 25 July .jpg
Views: 136
Size:  91.7 KB

More photos from the event will post on another thread about Baypark - when I re-find it.