Thread: Old automotive stickers decals etc

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Old automotive stickers decals etc

I recently brought a old logo from an old motorcycle shop and not sure what it is so wondered what experience others may have had from here with stuff from days gone by. What i have has a clean back where it is applied to a surface, and the image side has something similar to greaseproof cooking paper stuck to it. It's not a sticker like we have today, nor would i suspect it to be a window sticker that sticks on the inside of a window to be viewed from the outside, as I very much doubt a motorcycle shop from decades ago wold have done window stickers.
    I don't thin kit's a decal like i used when building models as they had a glue on one side and were on a special paper, we used water to get the two separated and then applied the decal to a surface...

i have yet to find any info at all about the bike shop, it's from decades ago, maybe even the 1920's. I'll see if i can post photos when on another computer.

Does anyone know what it is please?

have just researched the company and found it was a 1920's company that didn't last past the depression so it will be interesting if someone knows about the 'decals' of that era
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by jellywrestler; 07-08-2023 at 07:31 AM.