Thread: Is classic racing going to survive in NZ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    not sure where you're looking, but at the classic meeting at Levels last weekend in november there were plenty of machines, i'd say floating on 200 that did laps. Classic racing is booming,
    Last edited by jellywrestler; 12-04-2023 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    not sure where you're looking, but at the classic meeting at Levels last weekend in november there were plenty of machines, i'd say floating on 200 that did laps. Classic racing is booming,
    I have noted that the South Island events are well supported. Perhaps the allusion to circuit costs have quite a bit to do with it?
    The one owner of the majority of North Island circuits did publicly say a while back the "grass roots participants should go and play in paddocks" or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    I have noted that the South Island events are well supported. Perhaps the allusion to circuit costs have quite a bit to do with it?
    The one owner of the majority of North Island circuits did publicly say a while back the "grass roots participants should go and play in paddocks" or words to that effect.
    can you supply asource for that comment, or is it a chinese whisper?

His CEO is certainly one who is guilty of saying that motor racing is too cheap.

An email yesterday from MSNZ asking for their media vest back, as I hadn't renewed the accreditation for 2023/2024.

Next year they are going to charge media for their accreditation. So the very people who are publicising or reporting on MSNZ events are going to be charged for the privilege. I've sent the vest back.

I'd already stated that the South Island has several circuits and we know costs are much cheaper, so it is easier for participants to support events. However, our largest city with the highest number of licence holders no longer has a race track, so my rant was aimed more on behalf of North Island residents/competitors.

[/QUOTE]An email yesterday from MSNZ asking for their media vest back, as I hadn't renewed the accreditation for 2023/2024.

Next year they are going to charge media for their accreditation. So the very people who are publicising or reporting on MSNZ events are going to be charged for the privilege. I've sent the vest back.

[/QUOTE]

Quite agree Ray.

I think I'm done with classic racing for the time being, so haven't bothered renewing my media accreditation.

I also got an email from MSNZ asking for the vest to be returned BUT with the threat of a fine if it wasn't returned by a certain date.

Stuff that, I hate being threatened, so they'll get it back when I bloodywell feel like it.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Last edited by nigel watts; 12-15-2023 at 09:34 PM.

No Chinese whisper TQ said it publicly a few years ago! Stop shooting the messenger.