Keke Rosberg is as calculating as a slot machine.
Louis T. Stanley
Nelson Piquet looks like a jockey being strapped into his car. Alan Jones looks like a commando on his way to Vietnam.
Charlie Crichton Stuart

Nigel Mansell is so brave, but such a moaner. He should have 'He Who Dares Whines' embroidered on his overalls.
Simon Barnes The Times (1993)
On receiving an OBE from the British government- When I drove for British teams ... they called me The Tadpole' because I was too small to be a frog.
Alain Prost (1994)
On starting from the back of the grid- My dad once said that you meet a much nicer class of person there, but I'm not sure.
Damon Hill (1993)
The best classroom of all times was about two car lengths behind Juan Manuel Fangio.
Stirling Moss

"Oh, we're just looking for the ear"
- Niki Lauda replying to somebody asking what the former world champion was doing back at the site of the 1976 accident that nearly killed him at the Norschleife circuit.

Once an accident has started happening, you've just got enough time to say 'Sh*t, I'm having a shunt!'
James Hunt
"Christ - I used to complain that this thing was underpowered, I must have been mad"
- Chris Amon after driving a 1970's F1 car up the hill at Goodwood.
"Break a leg"
- Grid Girl at 1999 British GP offering some 'advice' to Michael Schumacer pre-race. A few hours later Michael was in a hospital and his leg was in plaster, following an early race shunt

Never think of your car as a cold machine, but as a hot-blooded horse.
Juan Manuel Fangio (1958)

"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines"
- Enzo Ferrari.
"Rene Arnoux is coming into the pits ... lets stop the startwatch"
- Murray Walker,( Again again)

"Anyone who doesn't speak English isn't worth speaking to"
- Bernie Ecclestone.

"The car is such a dog we should have tied it to the fence"
- Dick Johnson, former Australian Touring Car Champion, discusses an obviously less than brilliant vehicle....
When a V8 gets running bad, it's like it's in labour. It's only a matter of time before everything goes.
A. J. Foyt (1976)