Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monterey Historics 2011

Monterey Historics 2011

hi Guys, Myself, Craig and Scott Stacey just returned from California Monterey Historic's, the Featured Marquee was Jaguar but what the 3 of us where really there for was the Historic Trans Am and Can Am cars!!!

Here's a few pictures!! Craig and Scott took about 1200 pic's some im sure he'll post some as well.

Enjoy

Dale Mathers
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Fantastic Dale - keep them coming and twist Craig's arm as well.

I'm real envious Dale, It's always a great show.
    Is that Roger William's McLaren ? I saw some shots before and it looks very tidy and well presented.

Here are a few that Chad linked me up to http://www.historictransam.com/racep...Monterey-1.htm

Bruce.

And a few more pic's!!

Bruce, yes Roger Williams McLaren in blue!! he had problems but will ship it back to NZ for a rebuild. Chad and family really looked after us kiwi's!! great people.

Dale Mathers
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 08-28-2011 at 10:48 PM.

These are great Dale! I do like that #26 Firebird that heads up post #4. This is the car Jerry Titus raced for Terry Godsall after he quit driving for Ford towards the end of the 1968 Trans-Am. Titus put it on pole first time out, demonstrating how talented he was as a driver, and he led the first half of the race until the engine blew. Interestingly, the Firebirds in 1968 and '69 ran Chevy motors in the Trans-Am.

Nice shot there also of Roaring Season member OCTARD-USAs (Chad) stunning '69 Camaro in the last post.

Monterey Historics 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Javman View Post
    Name:  090.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  42.8 KB
    Nice photos Craig, apart from that last one with the two shady characters trying to figure out how to jimmy open the Camaro door.

How many cars did you buy?

Hi Steve, sorry to disappoint you , just one so far bro.

A quiet weekend then Craig? You must be losing your touch! Did you manage to squeeze one of those Javelin Trans-Am cars in your hand luggage?

Great photo's. I'm pencilling in a trip there next year. I just have to include a visit to a couple of scenic spots to disguise the fact that it is a motor racing trip (from Sydney).
    Wouldn't it be funny if I happened to stumble across an airshow while touring the scenic bits.
    There are a couple in the general area around that time.

Yeah timbo61, Reno Airshow is on my bucket list! thats just up the road.
    Monterey Historics was definately an awesome experience, ya gotta do it!

Reno is also home to The National Automobile Museum.

Those are 2 very nice Monza's. Did they go like they look.

Nah, just show ponys for the weekend, shame.

We saw these nice gems at R&M Auctions in Monterey.Name:  monterey 2011 #2.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  78.3 KBName:  monterey 2011 #4.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  63.2 KBName:  monterey 2011 #1.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  66.5 KBName:  monterey 2011 #3.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  66.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    A quiet weekend then Craig? You must be losing your touch! Did you manage to squeeze one of those Javelin Trans-Am cars in your hand luggage?
    Thought about it , Steve.

The #20 DeKon Monza above (an ex-Chris Cord effort, built by Doane Spencer), was more than a show pony at this year's Monterey Historics (Monterey Motorsports Reunion). This car won the Historic IMSA GT feature race with Ken Epsman driving.

-Chad

Chad, did you race your Monza at this event?

For those of you who haven't seen it, I highly recommend visiting this website: http://www.scharch.org/Cars/My_Monza...on_Chassis.htm

It covers all the known histories on all the DeKon Monza's, the body phases etc, plus the other Monza chassis' built by other companies. Its a very impressive website. Makes for really interesting reading.