Thanks Shano. I did wonder. God your description of Puke brings back so many memories of exactly what you described especially the urinals at the bottom of the hill heading towards the hairpin from the hill stand.
I will have to come home and see HD myself. Sounds much better and Nigels shots show it too.
V8 race on Goldie is just a pain in the a..e. Takes out half the main road in and out of Surfers for about 10 days while they get it all set up and pulled down.
To get any shots you either have to be up really high which means a Corporate box or the Stand coming on to the main start finish straight or lucky enough to find a gap in the catch fencing that the marshalls climb through and hope that you have the range to get past them to get a lucky shot.
I went in 2009 and was lucky enough to have corporate tickets so I could see over the fence. I had walked the perimeter of the track earlier in the week before it was completed as it is a public park and scouted out other possibilities but AVESCO have it well covered. Nothing for free. Sorry off topic there.