Thread: Pete Geoghegans Craven Mild Monaro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I recently purchased from Roaring Season sponsor SPR Model Cars a 1:43 scale model of one of my favourite racing sedans, Pete Geoghegans awesome HJ Monaro Sports Sedan. This little model is amazing, I LOVE it! The detail is just so impressive. It currently sits just in front of my computer monitor, to keep me motivated and working hard, so I can eventually build up and race the growing assemblage of HQ Monaro parts I'm collecting.

Back to the model. I noticed a round section that was missing on the windscreen banner, on the drivers side. I naturally assumed this had been scratched off accidentally at some point during shipping and handling, so began considering ways to apply a tiny amount of red paint to correct it. Then I noticed this is actually a detail of the model, as based on the real car. Looking at photos of Pete racing the Monaro, the same round hole appears in the windcreen banner in the same spot, and this remained throughout the cars career, as it passed into the hands of Garry Rogers, Phil Lucas, Bob Stevens etc.

So can anyone tell me what this was for?

Name:  ARMCO_10.jpg
Views: 2980
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  ARMCO_10d.jpg
Views: 3155
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  51.jpg
Views: 3381
Size:  152.6 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Maybe ventilation for the driver?

Dale.