Thread: Going Even Older!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journeyman Racer
    Hi, great ideas. Love the basic concept, I am sure it could be made into something workable. Rules have to be enforced strictly. Just a thought why not make the adge of the driver plus the car is more than 100. A 1950 car would have a driver who must be over 39, a 1940
    car the driver would be 29 or over. Who knows we could use our Austin A105 to tow our serious race car to the track, race them both and then hitch hike home. Done that before. If you used your tow car as a race car it would have to be worth an extra place or two up the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Hi, great ideas. Love the basic concept, I am sure it could be made into something workable. Rules have to be enforced strictly. Just a thought why not make the adge of the driver plus the car is more than 100. A 1950 car would have a driver who must be over 39, a 1940
    car the driver would be 29 or over. Who knows we could use our Austin A105 to tow our serious race car to the track, race them both and then hitch hike home. Done that before. If you used your tow car as a race car it would have to be worth an extra place or two up the grid.

Age + car is too young! 62 for me + 55 car = 117?
    Or is a 1955 car 57 + my 62?
    Last edited by Oldfart; 09-19-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Age + car is too young! 62 for me + 55 car = 117?
    Ha beat you. My car is 48 years old plus my age of 70 =118. And I'm not competitive! Don't think that sport/ racing cars would be accepted though.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Ha beat you. My car is 48 years old plus my age of 70 =118. And I'm not competitive! Don't think that sport/ racing cars would be accepted though.
    If we are talking about the car which has your site name, it's barely pre 61?? I took photos of the car at the initial Baypark meeting emerging from the cement dust clouds. I think the "guidelines" address the type of cars! And I am pretty sure I spent a bit of time crawling over your car at the 2010 Roycroft meeting. Then I may be reading too much into names!