You are probably right oldfart. We are all full of 'piss & wind'. A lot of us got quite excited about this UNTIL we sat down and did our sums. Buy an old bomb, do it up and go racing......well I dont think so. The best way, without a doubt, and I did my sums on this one, was to buy an already restored, but not necessarily concours car, and go from there. I checked out a couple of tidyish prospects....a PA Vauxhall and a Wolseley 4/44, and to get them into anysort of condition to even think about racing them was going to run into serious money....well serious for me. And we are going to RACE them aren't we, or at least give them a bloody good thrashing!!!! These cars had a WOF and rego and COULD have been driven to a meeting....not always a good idea as 'things' tend to happen when on the race track. The alternative is to trailer them for which you need a serious trailer and tow vehicle. Not quite like towing a Mini around! There are a FEW reasonable looking cars out there, but even to get them to WOF standard was going to take a lot of work, and I think that WOF standard would be the very minimum for racing. I'm afraid it all comes down to $$$$ again. So I'm sorry oldfart that I let you down on this one and got your hopes up......I'm sure it will happen, slowly, right now I have plenty of bills to pay on the Mini to keep me occupied for a month or two. [I must stress that what I have just said is MY opinion only, and not necessarily the opinion of the rest of this forum.]