Thread: Going Even Older!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Now theres an idea.....an Arabella with a WRX engine. !!!!!! Whos going to know. Should be able to blow off an A35 or two. First, find your Arabella. Wonder why these things did no good....the potential was obviously there. No, I think I'll stick to something BMC...we have the technology!!

Bit more here for those that are not sick of my ramblings,That green car would look good at Hampton Downs ,not sure about those tyre angles though
    http://www.borgward.org.uk/racing_history.htm
    Last edited by bob homewood; 09-17-2011 at 03:02 AM.

World Champion
    Bob, has the Borgward got independant rear suspension....certainly looks like it. Might be like driving a old Skoda Felicia. Dont like that cornering attitude....no stuff Borgwards.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Bob, has the Borgward got independant rear suspension....certainly looks like it. Might be like driving a old Skoda Felicia. Dont like that cornering attitude....no stuff Borgwards.
    Yes would be similar ,but most of the road tests rate the suspension quite well ,don't think it would be a problem lowered and with a camber compensator ( if its allowed ) on the rear like we used to do to the VW's
    Found this breif
    A superbly-engineered car that was a revelation in its day. Alloy-head 1500 engine puts out an impressive 75bhp, which Ford only just surpassed eight years later with the Cortina GT, and no Cortina ever enjoyed the Isabella’s independent rear suspension. Before he became a Vauxhall tuning guru, Bill Blydenstein successfully raced one in the Fifties. Brakes are another strong point and even the four-speed column-change is a delight to use. Thanks to a strong following in their native Germany, parts supply is almost total.

( I guess that last comments means parts are still avaliable }

??

How about this one?
    Hint, it's NOT a Borgward and this photo is in period!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Semi-Pro Racer
    Peugeot.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Peugeot.....?
    Yes 203.

I have been asked by the VCC Waitemata Branch.. Nigel, could they use one of your photos for publicity for the next (2012) Roycroft trophy meeting for publicity?

AND our special guest for 2011 was Ivy Stephenson who, as well as being the previous owner of the Buckler also used a Borgward TS, so who is going to find one of these and front up?
    Last edited by Oldfart; 09-17-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Error of fact