Thread: Going Even Older!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  stirlingstandard.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  84.3 KB
    It needs a set of Spitfire wires and a personalised plate SFM 777. Sir Stirling would be impressed

Quote Originally Posted by GeebeeNZ View Post
    Name:  stirlingstandard.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  84.3 KB
    It needs a set of Spitfire wires and a personalised plate SFM 777. Sir Stirling would be impressed
    I should imagine RogerH and his cohorts would not be impressed if I were to put a set of Borranis, as were used on SMC, on a doggy Standard 10!
    It looks too high for my eye too. And of course to be correct it would have to be an 8 with 10 mechanicals. Interesting isn't it? Moss with a hotted up base model car, current F1 with somewhat higher levels of personal transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    I should imagine RogerH and his cohorts would not be impressed if I were to put a set of Borranis, as were used on SMC, on a doggy Standard 10!
    It looks too high for my eye too. And of course to be correct it would have to be an 8 with 10 mechanicals. Interesting isn't it? Moss with a hotted up base model car, current F1 with somewhat higher levels of personal transport.
    Yes Rhys, I would be really impressed if you put Borranis on it as they would increase the value of the car by a few multiples and with even basic "modern" tyres you would spend most of your time replacing broken spokes. Somewhere lurking in my parts bin I think I have a spare set of 1960s 12" Borranis that would make it look a bit lower ............