These are all at Hinds Garage , the owners email is hfm@xtra.co.nz
    his name is Martin Perry

World Champion

Hinds Garage

More from the yard
    Attached Images Attached Images     

World Champion

Vanguard

My source tells me" the doors open and shut like it's new.No external body rust ,floors good. Motor seized but complete, just add diesel. Dash trim and upholstery in need of serious attention. All parts there and REG on hold."

Vanguards, equiped with speed retarders rather than brakes, bet they have not improved with age. Worn cam bearing = run main bearings, wet sleeve engine and leaking lower sealing rings, twin & triple valve springs and dropped valves every 100.000 miles. Then there was that gear change linkage to contend with, Apprentices don't know they are alive today. Still have a bit of a soft spot for the old girls though.

Just to help get the creative juices flowing! :0)

Name:  14119.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  70.2 KB
    Name:  Moss02.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  54.6 KB
    Name:  PICT5319.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  139.5 KB
    Name:  2536419576_04130dbe54.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  119.0 KB
    Name:  2536419764_c83dcc6e46.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  110.6 KB
    Name:  2817664166_303b53d08f.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  109.1 KB

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer
    Love this thread. If I could win Lotto, I would be in too ! Awesome pics of the Farina in action.
    I could not believe my eyes when I went to the 50th Anniversary Meet at Lakeside last year when the GpN's came out and I saw these cars on track. I had no idea what GpN was at the time.

But of course we don't want to see too much of this. He was really lucky and drove away with just a scrape.

Those old holden sixes must sound awesome screaming away thru a set of old SU's or similar!!

I bet sometimes it's hard to hear the engines over the tyre squeal.... :0)

Really enjoying this and following this thread.I agree with Bob stay away from WOF & Rego,as a VTNZ inspector a compliancing inspector there is a paper trail and many $ involved but have a high standard of presentation and apearance.

Well so far there have been a big fat zero people wanting to enter the Roycroft meeting! It would seem we have yet another "all talk and no action". I have not given up, I have just redirected to other media for this.
    More are always welcome. PM me or email if you want

World Champion
    You are probably right oldfart. We are all full of 'piss & wind'. A lot of us got quite excited about this UNTIL we sat down and did our sums. Buy an old bomb, do it up and go racing......well I dont think so. The best way, without a doubt, and I did my sums on this one, was to buy an already restored, but not necessarily concours car, and go from there. I checked out a couple of tidyish prospects....a PA Vauxhall and a Wolseley 4/44, and to get them into anysort of condition to even think about racing them was going to run into serious money....well serious for me. And we are going to RACE them aren't we, or at least give them a bloody good thrashing!!!! These cars had a WOF and rego and COULD have been driven to a meeting....not always a good idea as 'things' tend to happen when on the race track. The alternative is to trailer them for which you need a serious trailer and tow vehicle. Not quite like towing a Mini around! There are a FEW reasonable looking cars out there, but even to get them to WOF standard was going to take a lot of work, and I think that WOF standard would be the very minimum for racing. I'm afraid it all comes down to $$$$ again. So I'm sorry oldfart that I let you down on this one and got your hopes up......I'm sure it will happen, slowly, right now I have plenty of bills to pay on the Mini to keep me occupied for a month or two. [I must stress that what I have just said is MY opinion only, and not necessarily the opinion of the rest of this forum.]

World Champion
    oldfart......pm sent 7.45pm

This has not died, await news

Found this and thought it would fit in this thread just nicely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQHX40jHM5M

Just had an email from the UK, the "Masters Series" no longer runs the 50's grids. In their words "It no longer worked for us".
    The Wolsesly shown is outside of our proposal on a fair few fronts.

Something followed me home this afternoon. Now there is time to do something before December at Taupo, Roycroft next April. Even if there are only a handful to demonstrate the concept, it's a start!

Rhys, that is really cool! Way to lead by example! What are your plans for it, modifications wise?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  stirlingstandard.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  84.3 KB
    It needs a set of Spitfire wires and a personalised plate SFM 777. Sir Stirling would be impressed

I love it! They kind of look like bicycle wheels. Rhys, I definitely think a replica is required.