Thread: Who What and Where?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    In no order of preference, Laurence Brownlie, Russell Thompson, Pierre Phillips, Geoff Mardon, Neil Doyle.
    Im leaning toward Doyle, but I think I have read a post somewhere from Russell Thompson himself, possibly on this site where he had raced one of the 5000 Begg cars but was not given credit for it. If its Laurence Brownlie its the early Begg Daimler with motor from sports car ( McBegg- oops that's wrong ).... you guys can work it out
    Last edited by Jac Mac; 01-27-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    In no order of preference, Laurence Brownlie, Russell Thompson, Pierre Phillips, Geoff Mardon, Neil Doyle.
    Im leaning toward Doyle, but I think I have read a post somewhere from Russell Thompson himself, possibly on this site where he had raced one of the 5000 Begg cars but was not given credit for it. If its Laurence Brownlie its the early Begg Daimler with motor from sports car ( McBegg).... you guys can work it out
    Wasn't that the motor from the previous sports car before the McBegg?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Wasn't that the motor from the previous sports car before the McBegg?
    Oops, YES my mistake, the motor from the McBegg had tossed its Harmonic Balancer at a Timaru meet on way back from the NZ Land Speed record runs.

I don't think it is a FM2 as they had a flat top roll hoop and were as I recall quite slab sided.

Name:  leonard begg.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  32.9 KB

Leonard in the Begg I was referring to earlier. Certainly the exhausts look the same.