Thread: Who What and Where?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Can anyone please identify this for me?

Attachment 26061
    It might be a Tiki/Puma?
    There's some discussion on them here from post 144 onwards:
    http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...ttage-Industry

Not 100% confirmed then! If it is any help, I think this pic was taken in Queenstown a few years ago. It was on private property so I didn't venture in, as I was with a group and I don't think they would have wanted to hang about, as we were on our way to a breakfast!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Not 100% confirmed then! If it is any help, I think this pic was taken in Queenstown a few years ago. It was on private property so I didn't venture in, as I was with a group and I don't think they would have wanted to hang about, as we were on our way to a breakfast!
    I'm not sure if Patrick Harlow still visits this website.
    If you send an email to the address at the bottom of this webpage he may be able to give you a definite answer.
    http://www.constructorscarclub.org.n...ottageindustry

World Champion
    I know where this is ( Pukekohe ). When it was ( Oct 1969 )
    But who is it ?
    This proves that "drifting" back then was not nearly as exciting as it is today !
    I have heard of "shrimp" fishing but I had never seen "Imp" fishing before ! ( Sorry it is late here in California !)

Name:  Imp in the creek_NEW.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  183.0 KB

(Ken Hyndman )

It has Harrington Motors on back guard but don't think it is Roy. Others to play in here were Shack Manon in his mini, and Steve Millen in the Jaguar.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Brian Patrick ( Brimar) IIRC, forget what the reason for the Harrington signwork was, perhaps Harrington borrowed the car for a meeting or two..

Hi Gang.
    Jim Boyd in the Valour FF
    Jamie A

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    It has Harrington Motors on back guard but don't think it is Roy. Others to play in here were Shack Manon in his mini, and Steve Millen in the Jaguar.
    Rod- in Motorman November 1971- Millen had gone in here. -Water was up to the door handles, drain was 3 foot 6 inches deep. Millen was the 5th car to go in here.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Bruce McLaren?

John, Steve raced the Jaguar the next day after an all night rebuild, in fact may have beaten Jim that day, if not very close. Lyall Martin and Robin Irving (the doctor) panel and paint as much as possible while boys tidied up engine. About 4:30am finish. There was a lot of tape hidden by paint.

I was on infield during practice with Rod Millen watching from end of fence behind pits at hairpin end, watched out of hairpin, and over hill when there was a rev, screech, then silence and a huge shower of water and weed in the air. Weed actually landed on some cars in paddock. Reckon weed was still in air when Rod arrived and jumped in to help Steve, me close behind (20Mtrs). Out off ditch on to trailer and off to North Shore.

That car held the record from Toll Gates to Onewa overhead bridge for ages. Set one night on way home from Car Club (Stoddard Rd) turned heads rumbling down Dominion Rd onto Ponsonby Rd and bridge to Shore. Car Tests, now that's another thread sometime.
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 09-28-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Heat 1- Jim 2nd. Steve out with low pol pressure while 5th on 3rd lap.
    Heat 2-Jim 3rd,Steve 4th.

It must have been just after this incident. I was sitting in Dads XU1 and Steve came up to Dad and spoke with him through the drivers window. He inquired as to whether he could use Dads car in the race the next day.

Steve- your Dad got 4th in the main race and 3rd in the Handicap the next day.

Who is this meant to be, and in what,

Where shouldn't be too hard. They run Chevs as can be seen but were building a car for this person who now drives a lot of laps at Hampton Downs and some at Puke mostly in front of field.

Hard case story to this lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Semi-Pro Racer
    Murphy

not Murph,
    it was actually a Roush body that the guy bought back from states to go onto a frame being built in Rotorua.
    frame and body etc was sold to another well known Ford man who finished it off and ran it.
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 10-01-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Yes John He ended up with and finished the car, the original bloke (who the joke was on) is the one we need. (in fact he is always acting the goat)

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Yes John He ended up with and finished the car, the original bloke (who the joke was on) is the one we need. (in fact he is always acting the goat)
    The legend, Tony Rutherford

You got it Bailey
    Lindsay Willis was building a frame for Tony and of coarse the old Ford/Chev thing was full on. Tony never finshed the project and George Shewiery picked it up and got it done. George ran car for awhile and I think he may still have it.