Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Who What and Where?

Semi-Pro Racer
    The caption with the photo says it is the BMC special, for obvious reasons I excluded the text.

World Champion
    Wasn't this racing at the Roycroft festival as the BMC special. Went damn well. Could have been a look alike though.

Hi gang OOPS yes that was A big hit, that car orignaly had A ford 10 E 93 A in it 4 speed DX Vaxhall box Singer 9 Diff, and was built in New Plymouth by Norm Dodunski .We put the 1500 BMC in it when the old ford was not fast enufh that car is now in England . When little brother bought the Cooper Holden of Ken Smith we named our team ART [ Aislabie Racing Team ] Jamie

Jamie, Seem to remember you in a similar sitting position in another car a few years later on front straight Puke when it rained and you got the BIG aquaplane on down front straight before the old pit road crossing and away she went, down track over start line and it looked slow motion (but was not) from were we stood and went for ages down the track-grass-then the wooden fence. Don't know how you felt, but i sH!& myself.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    When little brother bought the Cooper Holden of Ken Smith we named our team ART [ Aislabie Racing Team ] Jamie
    They were your cars, Jamie, but I'm sure I can remember a badge saying 'Auckland Racing Team'????

Morning Gang, yes the infamous red umbrella race good old Lurie got himself in such a fluster that he waved his RED Brolley as I soley slid of the track the slide was fin BUY THE STOP not cool.No dave it was always called the AISLABIE RACING TEAM dear old DAD hade the badges made in 1964 . Jamie

Semi-Pro Racer
    I should know by now my memory's not to be trusted

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  Paul Fahey Isle Man 1956 Matchless 1.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  130.7 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  Riley Coppins Fahey2.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  141.4 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  Ross Baker Heron 1.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  138.5 KB

A couple with Paul Fahey and the Heron?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Johny Riley and Rod Coppins with Paul Fahey. Iwould say it could also be Fahey on the bike.

Semi-Pro Racer
    You guys are too sharp, pretending to be of fading memory, the accompaniment of advancing years, you've been conning us.Riley,Coppins Fahey at the launch of Ray Stones new tuning center in Manurewa.1964.
    Fahey at the Ilse of Man 1956 on a Machless.
    The first outing of the Ross Baker Heron.
    Last edited by markec; 05-12-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Paul had two dnfs at the Isle of Man, but scored 2 points for a 5th in the Dutch TT at Assen that season.
    The bike's a Matchless G45.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Hi gang OOPS yes that was A big hit, that car orignaly had A ford 10 E 93 A in it 4 speed DX Vaxhall box Singer 9 Diff, and was built in New Plymouth by Norm Dodunski .We put the 1500 BMC in it when the old ford was not fast enufh that car is now in England . When little brother bought the Cooper Holden of Ken Smith we named our team ART [ Aislabie Racing Team ] Jamie
    Sorry for being a couple of days behind the game, but is this the same car? A well-known journalist had doubts a year or two ago.

Stu Buchanan

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  Jim Boyd Buckler b.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  138.4 KB

Jim Boyd?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post
    Sorry for being a couple of days behind the game, but is this the same car? A well-known journalist had doubts a year or two ago.
    I withdraw any reservations I might have had

Jim Boyd, Buckler Mk5 or is it 6 (wheelbase being the difference) at Dunedin 1955
    The original ownership papers for this car show the model as MkV/1, just looked!
    As a slight aside, Jim drove this car with wife and son aboard on the "circuit" of events from Auckland and back. In front of the screen is a hatch and luggage storage which is where the tent, clothes etc went. Only maintenance is said to be valve adjustment, although other sources say the jets were changed for the race meetings.
    Last edited by Oldfart; 05-12-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Its in the article as a Buckler Mk 1, in 1956 he was 3rd overall in the Dunedin street race, the photo was taken at the McGregor foundry corner.