Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Who What and Where?

Hi JIM is that an RIP Jamie

Naw come on Jammie, Dave is organising a get together with the blue car at HD next jan..Feb all the good guys on RS invited just hope you and I included,

Who won the 3-hour Gold Leaf for 1601-3000cc class in 1965?

OK, havnt posted for a while, been drawing car artworks.. and this is my latest reference picture. Obviously its Chris Amon but I cant find any info on where and when the photo was taken... Note its car #22!!!! so all you anoraks... where and when?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Who won the 3-hour Gold Leaf for 1601-3000cc class in 1965?
    Trevor Sheffield and Bill Kelly in a Daimler Dart

World Champion
    For a second there I thought it was SID 1 - pic courtesy Rab.G.P.Lewin

Christmas parade Wellington or Palmy about 1956?

This photo was sent to me recently and I can't identify the location or the cars owners. I am sure someone will answer this in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post

This photo was sent to me recently and I can't identify the location or the cars owners. I am sure someone will answer this in a flash.
    The red Mustang belonged to Rob Brown out of AKL and is now down Wellington way somewhere and the white Mustang is the ex John McKechnie pre 65 racer now owned by Dean Cameron. It looks like Baypark which is quite possible as these 2 Mustangs were around in the mid 90's about when Baypark closed?

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    For a second there I thought it was SID 1 - pic courtesy Rab.G.P.Lewin
    Wow! I want one!

Good Morning Boys.BRY3500 youll keep I will be the heackler at your Sat night GIG after F1 in MELB ? have A good weekend Jamie

Hi Dale,
    absolutely correct-was Bayparks last meeting. It was so special, I even took my camera down for these pics.. Ahhhh, Baypark, we will never see the like again-sun, sand, sea, Mustangs......Last meeting which was a MUST-like HD next Jan.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 08-03-2012 at 02:18 AM.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Good Morning Boys.BRY3500 youll keep I will be the heackler at your Sat night GIG after F1 in MELB ? have A good weekend Jamie
    look forward to that Jamie..get over for the Phillip Island Classic as well!

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Not many sleeps to go now Jamie, could I carry Jan's bags?

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by faminz View Post
    OK, havnt posted for a while, been drawing car artworks.. and this is my latest reference picture. Obviously its Chris Amon but I cant find any info on where and when the photo was taken... Note its car #22!!!! so all you anoraks... where and when?
    Oulton Park Photo shoot - 1975?
    Did some serious anoraking and found this interesting quote
    "As an interesting final note I was searching the internet for details of this car, like when and where was the picture taken, so I could give it some history on the auction site. But I couldnt find anything about no.22!! Plenty of stuff on #23 at Le mans but not 22. So I sent an email to an expert here in NZ called Eoin Young. he was there 'in the day' as a correspondent with McLaren and Hulme and Amon and so I thought he'd know. Obviously it was a bit of a poser to him to as he sent on my query to guess who?... Chris Amon himself!! Who is still alive in retirement in NZ. Tonight I got a great email from Chris himself noting the car was most probably shown during a one off photo shoot at Oulton Park in 1975... "
    Last edited by bry3500; 08-03-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Well done bry3500 but the operative word from Chris is 'probably'! He's not sure himself so I still need some help.
    Apparently he's still looking to confirm. I just thought someone here might get there quicker.. Lol

Elcoyote thay will prob to heavy for AN OLD? chap Jamie A

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by faminz View Post
    Well done bry3500 but the operative word from Chris is 'probably'! He's not sure himself so I still need some help.
    Apparently he's still looking to confirm. I just thought someone here might get there quicker.. Lol
    I posed this post to the Ferrarichat.com - had a reply from one of the " experts"
    "Chassis 0846 LeMans test days April 67 ,"
    Last edited by bry3500; 08-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Hi Dale,
    absolutely correct-was Bayparks last meeting. It was so special, I even took my camera down for these pics.. Ahhhh, Baypark, we will never see the like again-sun, sand, sea, Mustangs......Last meeting which was a MUST-like HD next Jan.
    Know, that last meeting was an interesting time, BBQ,s and little fires to keep us warm going off all over the place for most of night and morning. Spent weekend with friends in Matamata arriving down from up north on the Friday, couple of drinkies and over to practice in van on Saturday, back to Matamata for debrief on Saturday night and arrived back at Bay Park in FC Van at 7:30am Sunday morn and left at 4:35 am Monday, Slept in Matamata for awhile and off home up north later in afternoon. We had such a sheltered life back then.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    I posed this post to the Ferrarichat.com - had a reply from one of the " experts"
    "Chassis 0846 LeMans test days April 67 ,"
    I also found this pic of Bandini at the the Le Mans tests , paint chips match
    so to recap - Chassis 0846. April Le Mans tests 1967, Arnage corner
    Last edited by bry3500; 08-07-2012 at 10:50 PM.