Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who What and Where?

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Dave McKinney. SID 1 was Normally asperated with 3 carbys Mk 7 block 3.8 with 2.4 head big cams and valves. Jamie

In that case, even more awesome !! Hats off Jamie, you may not have received fame and fortune from racing buddy, but you sure as hell opened a few eyes along the way. Not trying to line your pockets here, but the thing went like a jet, turned well, and you pedalled it beautifully.
    Vastly underrated effort....but we were watching, mate....

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Going by the fabricated sheet support for the 'luggage' box its in that period where it was an active race car-66/67..later pics 68~83 show it with a fabricated tube type support bracket assy, although it could be a much later restored pic, is that a cropped photo? as this car had the brake scoops removed & the rear clip shortened during testing with H&M after its Le Mans effort..
    Photo was taken in 1996, yes it is a cropped photo. The history of the car in Ford Motor Co ownership after Le Mans kind of depends on who and what you read.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Dave McKinney. SID 1 was Normally asperated with 3 carbys Mk 7 block 3.8 with 2.4 head big cams and valves. Jamie
    Thanks for the correction, Jamie. Don't know where I got the blower idea from. Did you try one on the Cooper-Jag?

Nice to see you here, by the way. Welcome

Yes good to see Jamie here ,A huge and I believe underated talent both on the driving and the mechanical front ,and a hard and worthy competitor ,one of the kind of people that I feel NZ motor racing is really about

And Sid is stored in a shed in Auckland awaiting rebuild (along with a mountain of other rebuilds).

BRY 3500 Yes it is all in the name No1 STLL. IN. DEBT. No2 SOMTHING. I. DID. The real real answer?? some day if I meet you I will tell as it is too funny to put in print .Jamie

Dave McKinney Hi dave yes we did have one on the Cooper man what A beest .Didnt put it on SID as HD5 gearbox was prob not up to it Jamie

BRY 3500 Yes it is all in the name No1 STLL. IN. DEBT. No2 SOMTHING. I. DID. The real real answer?? some day if I meet you I will tell as it is too funny to put in print .Jamie
    Jamie put it in Yards and Yarns ,nothing is too funny for there ,come to think of it you must be able to add a couple of good ones to that thread as well

Jamie, as Bob said, we can cope with just about anything here. Welcome to the site, by the way. Nice to have you here.

Name:  Top-5.bmp.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  85.5 KB

Jamie and Sid got to run with some distinguished company this day

Name:  Top-8.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  51.4 KB

Ok here is another who ,what, photo from that 71 Christmas Bay Park meeting I need to confirm for the last part of a jigsaw I am working on at the moment

Semi-Pro Racer
    Not in the programme (as you may have already worked out) but according to the notes I took at the time it was a bloke who was racing a Camaro with a number one lower, ie, Rod Coppins

Hard to read, but the stick-on signage on the front guard appears to read "Hillsdene Motors."

Maybe Don Harper can confirm...

Thanks Gd 66 ,that is sort of what /where I got to with my reckoning ,142 was a number that was not taken in the program so yes I though 141 and 142 that sort of fell into place ,I was living in the South Island at that time so it makes figuring out things a bit harder ,actually don't also take the programmes as gospel ,I have found at least four meetings when I was not in the program,and I know I was not a late entry and have recently found another when I ran two different cars at the same meeting ,and my name is spelt in two different ways and have me coming from two different places ,but I put both the entries in at the same time ,it makes it hard later on when you are trying to unravel things

Well there you go Bob, I often reckoned there was 2 of you, 1 can not get into that much trouble.

Bob Homewood Never seen that photo dont even rember that race looks like ime trying to keep out of the way [prob scared shitless] Jamie

World Champion
    Bob Homewood Never seen that photo dont even rember that race looks like ime trying to keep out of the way [prob scared shitless] Jamie
    looks to me like you are on the racing line using every inch of tarmac Jamie..

Who drove this car in the 60s?

Name:  P1010006 600x449.JPG
Views: 1428
Size:  108.9 KB

Who has some history on this car?

[ATTACH]Name:  P1010007 600x449.JPG
Views: 1254
Size:  119.1 KB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Goes with other post

Name:  P1010017 600x449.JPG
Views: 1227