Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BRM V16

I have this on a CD live at Goodwood in the day how do you post sound play this after a few beves for a thrill awesome!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  05-Cropped.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  94.7 KB
    Name:  06-Cropped.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  137.9 KB
    A couple of photos from Wigram... and the crowd is enjoying every decibel.

Cheers, Malcolm

Great shots Malcolm. The spectators certainly dress a lot differently today!!

World Champion
    I was at that meeting.....my first year at secondary school. My friend Barry Parsonson, of 'Jagnet' fame, [Y & Y] and I managed to get out of afternoon cricket, probably forged pass notes, and biked out to Wigram. We could actually hear the BRM in the morning, perhaps at practice, from the school grounds, several miles away, and we needed no further incentive to get there and see for ourselves. But goodness...didn't we dress "funny". Stetson hats for the gents, and the ubiquitous sports coat, probably black shoes!! Glad things are a bit more relaxed in that department now. The second shot is, I think, at the end of the back straight, and the first at the beginning of the straight.....the BRM really getting into it's stride....about 12,000 rpm at this point!!!! And yes, talk about decibels Malcolm, the old meter today would have them attaching mufflers. Think it is Frank Shuter in the white car back down the straight, with the inevitable Army Land Rover for communications in attendance.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Think it is Frank Shuter in the white car back down the straight, with the inevitable Army Land Rover for communications in attendance.
    I think you're right. And Whitehead's Ferrari at the apex of the corner which replaced the Hairpin that year