Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Race Car Barn Finds

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    OK, you made that easy Roger! Thanks! That really had me rattled. How did a Costin Amigo end up in NZ?
    Is this the Wellington based Costin that reced several times in the then Whittakers classics at Manfield?

Quote Originally Posted by briteyes View Post
    Is this the Wellington based Costin that reced several times in the then Whittakers classics at Manfield?

I think so.

Great! That confirms what I had been told, that there was a Costin Amigo in NZ.

From memory it has a 2.3 SOHC Vauxhall motor with twin side drafts and not a lot else done to it. The meeting I saw it at the owner was going well and was only just second to a TVR Tuscan. Not bad for an all wooden chassis which I am lead to believe is rated to 350hp. I believe still is rather than was.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Great! That confirms what I had been told, that there was a Costin Amigo in NZ.
    Yes there is Ray, I saw it when I got the A40 Special - actually had a sit in it - see photos in post #2 and #15 of this thread. I have more photos somewhere.

Speaking of Vauxhalls and barn finds, maybe Craig Stacey has some photos when he first got Jack Nazers Victor. They would be good to see.

From my mix of pics thread. Pre 1983 but in an historic grid at Donington.

Attachment 14007