Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted: 1985 Wellington Street Race Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I've just started work on an article about the 1985 Wellington Street Race for an Aussie magazine. Am looking for photos from this event to go with the article. Can anyone help? Either racing or pit shots are greatly accepted. And the magazines are always keen on free-bees!

Anyway, flick me an email if you can help: enquiries@monsterracewear.co.nz
    Steve, obviously way too late but I could give you a photo of a rare thing, I've got a Nissan Cue 500 chilly bag that houses my old photo albums. I worked for Nissan in those days and my job at the race was to organise the stalls selling clothing etc. We got all the Nissan Cue merchandising gear before Cue pulled out! From memory we had Sytner's and Crichton's BMWs in our workshop in Kent Terrace. Great days.

Wow, thats got to be rare! I think the magazine went bust months before the race even took place?

Re your old photo albums, are they old racing photos?

The albums have the odd racing photo but not that old, more 80's and 90's when I was more involved. Got some of the 1983 Ardmore reunion at Pukekohe if they are of any interest.

1980s pics, definitely! Especially if you have Formula Atlantic, Group A, ShellSport, Sports Sedans etc? Its all greatly appreciated.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by frd1 View Post
    The albums have the odd racing photo but not that old, more 80's and 90's when I was more involved. Got some of the 1983 Ardmore reunion at Pukekohe if they are of any interest.
    I remember that meeting well. Would love to see some photos as I dont seem to have any

GeeBee NZ, is that the meeting were the Lotus 7 or Fraser did the high jump over the truck tyres, great approach, turn, in the air and twist but lost points because of not a good landing. May have a video of that meeting and and that.