You know....you can make a 'safe' brake setup out of old PBR, Girling whatever master cylinders, wheel cylinders & Calipers...as long as you work out the sizes-diameters-pad area-pedal ratio & disc/drum sizes...its just that many folk are too damn lazy & have not got a clue, same goes for your steel wheels, it just takes time to get them set up & running true before you even pick up the welder...choosing your donor wheels with regard to center strength is also important, I got a rev up years ago with my MKII Cortina about doing my own wheels so bowed to the wisdom of MANZ & bought from their reccomended supplier...two meetings later the center broke out of the right front going into the loop @ Teretonga, back in the pits the then VP of MANZ came over for a look...didnt stay long when I told him where he could stick his 'recommended' wheel supplier... and yes, keep them period correct @ 15", thanks to the resurgence of Trans Am & Cobra type cars Goodyear have started making some sizes that might suit your car, plus Hoosier are doing stuff as well, just have to 'blackout' those big hoosier letters..