Thread: Historic Racing Driver magazine is no more in NZ !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry to hear about those who worked for the magazine not been paid
    I was working on Jack to be my main sponsor of my website and he was seriously considering it ....so in hindsight it was blessing in disguise ...

Jack reckoned my website was major factor that boosted sales of his magazine - educated people around that it was there .many other magazines have said the same particularly the independents no one else world wide produces sunmmaries and reviews of car magazine like myself - I so wish Parkside Media and others would wake up ..I am doing them a favour- I see Don Packwood is now the 'offical painter for NZ Classic Car, he was this for Historic Racing Driver...

History repeats itself
    NZ Classic Wheels went to 20 issues ( I got most of these except #1 and #20) it is strange National Library did not get any copies under the copyright deposit scheme I looked - Similar problem with writers not been paid - provided some real competition to NZ Classic Car which it still needs.. - not helped according to what i heard years ago whethers its true or not - that the said Editor of NZ Classic Wheels had been charged and sent to prison for activity from what i heard to do with a video camera and his boots - I knew quite a lot people who invested in this and lost a lot of money - That Editor has gone back to the UK once he got out and runs minor classic car events...i am sure i seen his name on a minor event in Classic & Sportscar magazine who did a brief report

Thats news to me "When a mag like Motor Sport is made available in back issues on disc" - How Far back does it go - I indexed Most of them from Mid 1956 to 2001 on my database -is the Cd still available and how much was it?
    we are talking The superior British version with the green covers are we not?

Cheers Julian
    Last edited by carmagreviews; 11-01-2011 at 12:07 AM.