Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Found car!

Can always tell nurses and teachers.what about the other cars??

Will reply to this by PM, some things are not for public knowledge.

You will not believe this but only found messages and what would you expect never one to sneak around and if in doubt throw some fuel on the discussion ,PM means there is a note ,so sorry for not replying Ryes ,sorry have to go back to check spelling the book is avalable still at a greatly increased price but negotiation may help send Pm

Back to "my" Buckler!
    I have today learned a bit more of its' history.
    The first owner I know about purchased the engineless car from a large shed in Howick, mid to late 60s. It was pretty rough (still is) but interesting which could lead further is that it had been powered by a 2.4 Jag motor and box, and had been hillclimbed.
    Does this ring any bells anywhere?

Semi-Pro Racer
    The only Jag-powered Buckler I've heard of in NZ was a DD2 which allegedly had a 3.4, and went back to the UK (Malcolm Buckler). Don't know when

Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    The only Jag-powered Buckler I've heard of in NZ was a DD2 which allegedly had a 3.4, and went back to the UK (Malcolm Buckler). Don't know when
    Not that one, it came here courtesy of Bruce Sutcliffe almost 15 + years later. Thanks anyway. In actual fact you have it wrong way round, it came here from Malcolm ex IOM and is now Climax powered and well used in NZ

one the subject of buckers, i see the cliff judd car on trade me

Semi-Pro Racer
    Lovely to see it on original wheels and especially a 'proper' AMW body (as we called them in the day) and not one of the modern versions

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rogered View Post
    one the subject of buckers, i see the cliff judd car on trade me
    Rogered, they were called "Buggers" not "Buckers". May have gone by the name "Buckets" though. McKinney will remember.......he's considerably older than me.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS CUNNINGHAM View Post
    Rogered, they were called "Buggers" not "Buckers". May have gone by the name "Buckets" though. McKinney will remember.......he's considerably older than me.

Name:  Buckler in 1971 shrunk.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  125.5 KB

Time to drag this up again. Here is a photo as owned in 1971. Does this mean anything to anyone? It was purchased in the Howick area around that time.

Weekend Warrior
    At the risk of teaching grandparents to suck eggs and as there has been no mention of it, I suppose you know about this website http://www.bucklercars.com/buckler_archives.htm
    <ducks and runs for cover>

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7Alfa View Post
    At the risk of teaching grandparents to suck eggs and as there has been no mention of it, I suppose you know about this website http://www.bucklercars.com/buckler_archives.htm
    <ducks and runs for cover>
    Yes, and this car shows on that site too, but thanks, always good to have suggestions.