Thread: Video of the day:The Making of Baskerville

World Champion

Video of the day:The Making of Baskerville

I will leave it those who know about these things to talk about Tasmania's Baskerville Circuit. This is an 8mm compilation of different races, its a shame the original sound is not intact, the 40's Jazz is better than some soundtracks however.

Watch out for the last couple of races.

The opening scenes are interesting, beach racing was something I never realised they had in Tasmania...

I guess it's around Sandy Bay, but it could be many places not too far from Hobart. The crunched Cooper is at one of the airfield circuits they used in the mid-fifties, Valleyfield was one of them, while the dirt track I don't know about either.

There are scenes from Sandown. Most would identify the minute and a half or so from 11:40 on, but there's another bit around 6:12 to 6:26.

Neat stuff, but it's a shame the cameraman didn't follow cars for a whole lap to show what the circuit looks like. You can do that at Baskerville, with those scenes of race starts from the rear being from a spot where it was possible.

Wow that was pretty cool seeing Jim in the Siddy racing around the track. I wonder if that was the first meeting he ran in Aussie?

Not the first...

I think that was at Calder. Baskerville was a fair way along in his Australian career with that car.

Who knows which driver was in the B & D Autos L34 leading Grice and Morris?