Thread: The Bruce Wells Collection - Hume Weir

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks Ellis for that. Yes the Cortina does look like the Jane car. He did replace the Jag with a Cortina. Perhaps this is one of its early outings? I think the Cortina was later fitted with side stripes along the bottom too, but early on I think it only had the stripes running down the centre.
    ....Spoke to BJ the other day with reference to Hume Weir circuit,and if he did double 'Duties' in the Jag and the 'Lotus Cortina.....the basic answer was, 'Yes'!!!.....the discussion went something like this Quote;" Bob, did you drive the Jag and the 'little' Lotus Cortina at the Weir on the same day those years ago"???..... Quote; "whats with you Bloody 'Kiwi's, you always put Bloody 'Wee' in front of everything, must be the Pommy influence in your lot"!!!....I explained that we had our own identity and more correctly we should be recognized for whom we really are....'South Pacific Pom's!!!!!!......Bob also explained that he at that time owned 1/2 of the Hume Weir complex......also they used the track time to set up the Cortina as in those days you couldn't easily 'Hire' a track for development time.....basically the motivation behind the purchase of Calder Park Raceway in 1970...by the way Calder Park turns the big 'Five-o' next year ......watch for the ' party update!!!!.....regards thunder427/MJ
    Last edited by thunder427; 11-18-2011 at 01:43 PM.