Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ardmore 1958 Video Footage on You Tube

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    Sorry, Bry. No 10 was Glass. Clark's car is seen in the street parade (No.22) but did not race that year
    Thanks for taking the trouble to clear things up David...much appreciated..the Cooper jet car still exists ???

Semi-Pro Racer
    The jet car doesn't exist as such. It was long ago converted into a raceable MkV Cooper 500

Semi-Pro Racer
    The former jet car Cooper is certainly alive and well and was competing in the Vintage Car Club Hill Climb in Auckland two weeks ago.

What's the story of this "jet car"? It's before my time but I saw some old video of a long spindly alloy bodied car that looked long enough to house a gas turbine. Ardmore in the 50s I think. I'd love some info on it.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray Maunder View Post
    What's the story of this "jet car"? It's before my time but I saw some old video of a long spindly alloy bodied car that looked long enough to house a gas turbine. Ardmore in the 50s I think. I'd love some info on it.
    here is a good link Murrray http://www.historicracing.co.nz/stor.../pulse-jet-car

Such a shame the old cine cameras didn't have sound recording in-sync. Would have loved to have heard that SNECMA firing the Cooper round Ardmore!