Hi to all on this great site.Always lots of great threads to read.This is my first post as I only joined up a few weeks back.I am currently in the process restoring a Group A commodore that has had a long history in NZ in the group A days.I have done a large amount of research on the car since I purchased it back in 2006.I have not had much success with finding any photos of it during its racing life.Any other info would also be greatly appricated.A brief History on the car is as follows.
Built Brand new by Roadways Racing Services [RW02] in 1985 for the new group A era for Grahame Bowkett and Wayne Wilkinson as a VK. Backing came from Sleepyhead Beds and ran the 4 round Australian Endurance Championship in 85 before be bought to NZ for the NM series and NZTCC which it ran in the 85/86 season winning the Championship with Bowkett.Wilkinson Crashed the Car in Practice at Puke NM meeting damaging it badly in the front.The car was Sold to John Billington and Chris Castle and ran the following year.The car ran the Sandown 500 with Billington and Castle and WTCC round at Bathurst with Billington and Grahame Crosby in 1987 as a VK with DFC backing.In 1988 Billington updated the car to a VL with Perkins engine and other go fast bits[drive train etc] [Pink white & purple VL] In 1990/91 Dave Barrow ran the car in Group A and Sport Sedans.After this the car went to Alan Mason in Auckland then sold to Lindsay Routham in Nelson.It ran a few races in the Mainland endurance series then went to Grahame Johnson in Timaru who ran it in Sport Saloons.In the late 90s the car was purchase by Steve Ross in Dunedin.From what I understand the car went back to Auckland to Wayne Baker?? before be purchased back by Steve Ross.I purchased the car from Steve in 2006.This car has a long racing History in NZ motorsport and any further info,Photos,Articles would be greatly appicated.I intent to race the car when restored at Historic meeting in NZ and Australia.For now it is a slow process with time being an issue.Wife,3 young Kids,House renos and Business all slowing the Process but I will get there.It will just take a bit longer.
Feel free to contact me.
Regards
Warren Davis