Thread: Looking for Mini Sports Sedan

Weekend Warrior

Looking for Mini Sports Sedan

Hi Guys,
    This will be a very tall ask, but I am trying to find/locate my brothers Mini Sports Sedan that he raced in 76'
    I do know it was dismantled and scattered all over the country but I figure the Shell and Log Book may be tucked away in someones shed.
    Its was a Black Clubman Mini,No93, driver Terry Fahey, ran 1310cc, Mawer 10" wheels, beam axle rear end.
    Never know but with the knowledge running around here, maybe someone knows someone whos next door neighbours cousin saw that in a friends shed next to his aunts house.
    Rambling Again, sorry.

Thanks

Ian
    Last edited by lisian_1275; 12-13-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Do you have any photos of the car you can post here Ian? Might help with the search. Good luck to you, I hope you find it!

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks Steve,
    I've got my brother looking for photos, so hopefully I can post some up soon.

Thanks

Ian

Weekend Warrior
    Could this be it?

I would try Brian Waldon from the MRA. The NSW Supermini association has recently reformed.

http://www.mraseries.com.au/

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Rookie,
    Sort of close, I actually wish it was, so would my brother. His car was No.93.
    That car looks alot like the Ex Gretrix KG Eng. Car, but I remember it being yellow and green.
    I have talked to Brian and a couple of the other guys, the're all keeping an eye and ear out for me as well.
    Buy the way, your resto. looks great of your Sports Sedan. Have you had a chance to run it yet?
    I hope to have mine going by the All British Day with the MRA guys.

Thanks

Ian
    Last edited by lisian_1275; 12-13-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Weekend Warrior
    Ok, here are some pics of my brothers car.

Name:  img008.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  img009.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  129.1 KB

Thanks

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Brilliant! Thats a neat looking car. Have you had any luck yet with your search? Does it have any unique features that'd help to ID it? What tracks did he race it on? Looks like that could be Oran Park in the first shot on post #6?

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Steve
    Thanks for that. So far have come up with the Log Book ( heart and soul of the cars existance ), and the roll cage.
    No real unique features except it did run a rear beam axle. Raced mainly as you have spotted, Oran Park, Amaroo Park and one stint at Hume Weir.

Thanks
    Ian

Do you have any info on its history before and after your brother raced it?

Weekend Warrior
    Only 2 people have owned the car. A local fellow here near home and then my brother bought it.
    After that my brother moved away and it was left with a friend to be sold.
    Another local fellow bought it, who I managed to track down but he pulled the car apart and sold it off in bits, hence my dilemma.

Any luck with tracking this car down?

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Steve
    Have found a few more bits and pieces so now as time permits I will be able to rebuild the car to its former glory.
    The previous owner I am having trouble locating, a few people tell me he may be at such and such a place but have no contact details.
    Will have to just keep persisting.

Thanks

Ian

Ian, thats great you've tracks down more parts. Its always a challenge trying to do what you're doing, like finding a needle in a haystack. Best of luck, keep us posted.