It is very interesting and somewhat humbling to read all this discussion on my old cars. You seem to have got it right in the end between all of you. Its a pity Jim of Tok did not talk me into joining up earlier than he did . I could have saved you all a lot of trouble. The Wiseman E type has engaged a few of you and as I worked on this machine almost from the time he imported it from the Uk I may be able to cast some much needed light on the subject. First thing this car was a very scruffy Brit club racer. It had a fiber glass bonnet which was very thick and not that light, the perspex back door, Minilight wheels and the usual Mk 9 brakes which were the go in those days . It also had a 4.2 all synchro gear box and massively stiff anti roll bars. The engine was an almost stock 3.8, standard cams ,valves and carburetors. Scot was on of those drivers who was absolutely fearless, but did not have a clue when he was on the limit. Don't you hate racing against those sort of people, they will beat you unless they crash, which they will do. His big on was at Levin, I told Mark Petch, my partner in Marave that he was, about two corners before, it was going to happen. The famous wing was in fact designed at Air NZ and had from memory about 100lbs down force at 100mph. Mark and I thought this whole thing was a bit of PR bullshit, Scot was very good at this, so made him remove it at testing at Pukekohe. The car was several seconds slower with out the wing and in fact could not bet my time in AR 325 without it. Thats it for now, we are not all retired you know Jim!