Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: GTX Series - Falcon XAGTs

Weekend Warrior

Barry Lloyd, correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Geeee was Barry only 41 when he past , I remember him well , the green Falcon , seemed very big time in those days , Wayne;s car was also fast also [noddy] If i remember right Barry was a hard doer, I was about 18 yr old , Barry always a happy go chap... & then there was Inky he had a go , in an xagt ....... out of the SI guys Wayne extracted the best of these cars .......Know doubt about that
    No ., he was retired & in his 60s when he died, the info & the pic above , that I had submitted are from a "WHOS WHO" section in a mid -late 1970s motorsport yearbook.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Phil- was this Craigys car before you?
    Its always great to see your car at race meetings still being used.
    Craigs black one still just sits and sits .
    I nearly bought the coupe off Jerry Clayton in 1976 for $6,800.00 but bought Ph 3 GTHO instead. I eventually bought the Coupe off Craig on xmas day 1980. Last raced it 3 weeks ago and giving it another run in 9 days.

Photos taken 3 weeks ago at PukekoheName:  phpWMuPgbPM.jpg
Views: 1369
Size:  150.1 KBName:  phpTt8I5xPM.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  133.8 KBName:  phpSKUzFuPM.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  131.6 KB

Phils Falcon has to be one of the most and best travelled on race tracks around NZ, especially the N.I. Always looking for that little bit more speed and handling, they would have forgotten more than most think they now about Falcon Coupes.
    Best is, it looks mean and is.

Rod- not only that, think of all the classes it has run in.
    Also would have to qualify as the longest owner/ driver raced car in NZ.
    Why would you want to change.
    That rear spoiler should be standard on any Falcon Coupe

That Falcon Coupe sure is a horny looking machine. On the circuit it always look so stable and well set up.

It is a mean machine in all senses of the word.

I just love Phils RPO83, what a magnificent beast of a racecar it is - I have been passed many times by that machine on the front straight of Hampton or back straight at puke like I was standing still! looks good, sounds awesome, goes great

BTW i see the Craig Pullin coupe was up at Ken Hoppers a few weeks ago and I spoke to Ken last week about it and he said that Ivan had them get it running for him so maybe we will see that out on the track shortly?

Cam- both these Coupes have been invited to run with us in the HSS - BTW ,have you got your entry organized yet.
    Craigys ex-XB Coupe is having the necessary paper work attended to.
    Ivan wants to be on the grid for the 2 weekends in Jan- hes had it now for 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Also would have to qualify as the longest owner/ driver raced car in NZ.
    Would it John? I can think of a few cars that have been owned by the same driver, and raced by them since before the Falcon was built

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Would it John? I can think of a few cars that have been owned by the same driver, and raced by them since before the Falcon was built
    Ok, one of the longest combinations.

Orange xb gt no 66 now living on the gold coast

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Attachment 9664
    George Sheweiry, Brett Walker, Gary Douglas (XA on fence)?
    liegh derrick in the fence

Quote Originally Posted by tmann View Post
    The Barry Lloyd car as shown in post #12 is owned by a guy near Dunedin, He has had it for 20 + years, is used but not often.
    Correct. I know the present owner, but not well. Back when he bought it we went and had a look at it. I have photos and some video of the car tucked away that I should try and find. It sounded awesome! It's an RPO 83 and I wouldn't think it would have anything more than 35K miles on it. It is mint! I don't recall it having any panel damage on it at all when he bought it, and I'm sure the photos would confirm that. It's a pretty incredible car and is certainly in the right hands.
    Cheers,
    Bob.

I ended up with the original bonnet that had the first 1 1/4 inch folded down on the front middle after tapping if I remember George Sheweiry at Bay Park