Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: GTX Series - Falcon XAGTs

John, if you are keeping it authentic, are you going to run side burns and a moustache with a little hair hanging over the collar like back then.
    PS where are you doing this as i am down next Saturday on Shore for a birthday and may drop in.

Hi Rod, you are welcome to drop in, best to call me first-I am in the phone book.You will be safe as there are no planned non-union working bees yet. Fortunately as there have been a few Coupe drivers over the years, there are a variety body styles to choose from. I personally prefer the Jim Richards model- tall, slender, no facial attachments. I definitely am not the round Fred Gibson model, but like Allan Moffat do use glasses. Dale can keep the mustache fan club happy. I dont remember back in the early 70s we were required to wear fire rated hair nets to keep our waist length hair extensions safe,so whats the latest ruling on where long hair is to be kept...only over the collar?
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 08-10-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Been awhile since i had long (any) hair, so not too sure on that. Will contact you. Cheers

So will I not recognise the long haired hippy who used to drive the water truck at Waikaraka Park- Rod, you are a real survivor.

Could this vehicle have potential as a race car.
    Last edited by kiwi285; 08-13-2012 at 04:57 AM.

72 early XA shell + truck load of money and it could!!

Hard to tell from photo (with no radiator support) but gather it was factory V8, that is why they cut rad support panel off to get motor out?

Anything can be made into a race car, just time, $$$, time $$$ time. Looks like it is most there.

It's not going to be acid dipped !!!!

Well at least its got a good hoodlining

Kiwi285, is this your new project ? that will cut into your camera time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Kiwi285, is this your new project ? that will cut into your camera time.
    With my limited knowledge it would take me several years figuring out where to start. Always have time to take photos.

Like Lazarus - brought back from the dead

As several people have noted time and money are great healers of neglected cars

Wow , that is a real transformation.The dogs look like they will protect it from harmful elements. Good to see original lime glaze , hate it when all reference to cars earlier life is removed. Kiwi285 , that is such a meaningful sentence-especially that word -healer.It is as if the car can self repair after the elements have ravaged them. All they need to do is crawl away and hide at the back of the garage for long enough and they will emerge like the Cobra that Rod recently added.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 08-15-2012 at 01:49 AM.

I think you will find the Falcon Engineering coupe is painted black and in the South Island raced by Leah Derick
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Hi Steve, any pics of Petes car- Looks like survival rate of these Coupes in NZ is better than in Aus- no RPO Coupes left. Looks like almost all ex racers are still going here.Still dont know what happened to Falcon Engineering XA Coupe-understand owner sadly passed away.Also the red XA Coupe that I raced with at Hamilton street race and Baypark. Any leads here
    I heard a rumour that someone bought an ex racing Coupe , chopped it up.Offered me the rear guards for $2k.
    A friend in the SI said that there was a black XB Coupe running at the Skope meeting and he has been running it for years.And of course who can forget Kirk Benge in his yellow Coupe.
    Have been focusing on Coupes-lets have some on sedans as well guys- Attila ran XB in Muscle Cars. Kirk Benge stared off in a yellow XB sedan.

No Its not the Pope car as we sold that back in 1991 to be driven on the road to a guy in Thames, but the car has not been seen since. Jewel Green xa will be Greg Deach which he still has but now also has a red XA coupe race car
    Quote Originally Posted by Habu View Post
    The red XB coupe in the second video I believe to be John Pope's car - wonder what became of it. Remember the Jewel Green XA 4 door, saw it race a couple of times, a nice car, but havent seen it for years. The blue XA 4 door was apparently a genuine RPO83 - at least according to its then owner, many, many years ago when I spoke to him. Unfortunately, I dont know who either of the XA's were owned by, but nice cars.

I think the red coupe looks like Kevin Alley,s
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Where was this photo taken Paul? Looks like Bay Park? Some pretty cool cars in there. Whose are the HT Monaro and the orange Falcon hardtop?

That yellow Kirk Benge hardtop was for sale a year or two back. Does anyone know what happened to it? Did he have the Falcon before or after the Torino?

Ш фь екнштп ещ аштв еру зкумшщгы щцтук...........whoops, wrong text,try again.I am trying to find the previous owner of my Coupe.Does anyone know the location of David Beaver,auto electrician, formerly Collie Rd, Glenbrooke?
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 08-17-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Some more for the collection.

More Great Tourers

Name:  Oran Park. late 70`s..jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  80.0 KBName:  Oran Park late 70`s..jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  93.8 KB