Hi

I am an owner of a Falcon XAGT sedan, over 20 years. Over my time of ownership I have seen photos of XAGTs racing here in NZ.

When I read the article in Aust Muscle Car magazine a few years ago I realized that they played a larger role in NZ motorsport than I thought. Some of the photos in the article were taken by Lindsay Ross and I purchased some prints off him.

The other day I “stumbled” upon this forum and read the thread on the Crichton Monaro and came across the first colour photos I had seen…awesome!!

Now this has got me interested in the history of XAGTs racing here and I have a million questions…hopefully the “historians” on here can answer some of them? Right Oh…here we go:

Does anyone have more colour photos of these cars?

What colour was the Wayne Murdoch GT?

Why the change from GTHO P3s to XA? The HO would have been a better/faster race car….was it to do with marketing/price?

Why did they not race the XBGT? The early XBs ran same engine combo as XA but with the advantage of discbrake rear end. I have seen a photo of Jim Richards towing his XA on a trailer behind a XBGT!

Why race the sedan versus the coupe? I gather it was due to the easier availability buy a sedan “off the shelf”compared to the coupe? I noted in the AMC article there was a pic of a lime glaze coupe racing.

What modification were allowed? I see in some pics XA running the XY 5 slots and later shots with mag wheels. Were motor upgrades permitted?

Safety: I gather a harness was installed….how did they fit that?

I know the main “steerers” of XAs were Richards, Francevic and Murdoch. Was there others? I see the Fowler cars XA in Crichton Monaro thread..who was that?

What happened to the cars at the end of there racing career? Do any survive? I have seen the Richards and Francevic P3s so if they survived maybe some of these have too.

Sorry about all number of questions….I have more thou!!

Cheers

Wayne