Thread: 1989 NZ Sports Sedans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    Thanks for that, but the white Capri is definitely not the Huxford car as Huxford is in the race with the Capri painted black, the one I am referring to is a lower middle field runner which in, I think, the second race is almost lapped by the leaders.
    yeah just watched the manfield video and as munty says , its his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by rogered View Post
    yeah just watched the manfield video and as munty says , its his dad.
    Yep that's your dad Munty. North island capris were Huxford and other capri from up north island in those days was red and ended up white was a fella from Paeroa named Terry O'Brien, it was a quick and tidy machine as well and ran a 302. The engine ended in a jet boat. And Terry has found a fishing rod handy over the latter years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Yep that's your dad Munty. North island capris were Huxford and other capri from up north island in those days was red and ended up white was a fella from Paeroa named Terry O'Brien, it was a quick and tidy machine as well and ran a 302. The engine ended in a jet boat. And Terry has found a fishing rod handy over the latter years.

Terry's Capri from memory was the one originally built by Jim Stone for Ross Johnson ,Grimmy will know or someone can correct me ,personally I think Terry did a real good job in that car ,it was actually deceptively quick