Thread: Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Thanks for all your support in the short time The Roaring Season has been running. We've only been in existence for 8 months! Its been a real blast, and I've been amazed at the enthusiasm and incredible stories and photos that have emerged. So thanks to everyone who has registered and contributed. This is your website, and your work, and you are all responsible for this being such a great place to hang out.

When I first put this place together, I wanted it to be as close as I could get to sitting around with a group of buddies talking shit about old race cars over a beer, despite the fact we're all sat behind computer screens, scattered all around the world. But I reckon we've got it pretty well right.

So cheers to you all, have a drink for me on Christmas day!

Steve

World Champion
    Cheers to you Steve for getting this up and running, the best Historic Motorsport Forum there is in my humble opinion
    ...great bunch of characters you have attracted here, many of whom have been and still are, Heroes and Legends to me..
    Nice to see us Antipodeans making ripples in the International Historic circles..
    A very Merry Xmas to you mate - lets hope we have a hacker free year and the Cantabrians get some respite in 2012..
    Last edited by bry3500; 12-24-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Best Wishes for the Festive Season to everyone ,thanks for sharing the information and putting up with the humour in the year just gone ,hopefully we can all do it again next year

Yes, well done Steve. You've put smiles on a lot of dials, opened a few newbies' eyes, and unearthed a vast cache of pics, hits and memories from Ye Olden Days many of us had feared forgotten or irrelevant. Ripper, mate !

Merry Xmas, all.

Regards GD

Semi-Pro Racer
    And may this grow on stronger and stronger to keep this info for others who can never have similar experiences.
    Merry Christmas every body.

Semi-Pro Racer
    A quick Christmas tale!!...I was working for a Religious based public company in Christchurch in the 60's,sent a 'Memo' to the management regarding a promotion...Something,something,etc,etc regarding XMAS !!!

I was invited to the Managers office,A real gentleman,"Sit down Myles,I like your proposal,so we will go with that,but let me ask you about this word 'XMAS'?!!!!!

"Well Mr M,I was in a rush,so I abbreviated Christmas,Sir "!!!!!!!

"Myles,while you work for my company and I hope for the rest of your life,even when you are in a rush,.....Never leave Christ out of Christ-mas,Do we have a deal"??????

Just some times in the Rush We forget the meaning of Christmas!!!!!

Well its a Merry Christmas to you all and even our Steve ,got us 'Punters' all back online before the 'Red-Nose' hit the trail,what a man!!!!.......so its a 'safe and prosperous' New Year while we are at it!..........regards thunder427/MJ

A big thansk Steve for getting this site up and running - it is certainly a daily visit for me. To everyone - all the best for the festive season and have a great New Year.
    Last edited by kiwi285; 12-25-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Yep, agree with all the above, great forum and the Motorsport information out there via this website is amazing!!

Have a Great X-Mas and New Year

Dale Mathers

Semi-Pro Racer
    +1 for bringing back so many great memories and motivating me to save what few shots I had left.
    Regards
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Yep, agree with all the above, great forum and the Motorsport information out there via this website is amazing!!

Have a Great X-Mas and New Year

Dale Mathers

As said above, Thanks Steve for your work, and thanks to all the people involved. Alot of history coming out.

Best wish's for Christmas (late but spelt right) and a great New Year. Santa reckoned i should go to Hampton and Philip Island with my friends to play, and missus claus agreed. Ye Ha what a start to the year.

Echoed by me too Steve, the incredible history being teased out by the forum is priceless.