Quote Originally Posted by John MincKechnie View Post
Hi Steve, there is no shortage of documentation on the Elfin out there under Buchanan and Harvey ,maybe a bit hazy with subsequent owners. Harvey change the big block 396 to a 350
Hi all,
I was having a big nostalgia moment today & tripped over this forum...... what a great bit of kit & a lot of the fuzzy memories are flooding back.

Back in the mid 60's my brother (19yrs my senior) worked for Hamlin, Charles & Grant, later Hamlin & Charles(after Kerry's horrific accident) so I was a very lucky kid to sit in & in some cases get a ride in awesome cars.
The best sit'in was Jim Clark's Lotus & the wildest ride'in was Andy's Elfin tho the 250LM was a very close 2nd.
My brother, Graham had maintained both the 250LM & Elfin 400 but was lucky enough to spanner on Andrew Cowen's Rally Clubman GT + did the engine work for Colin Taylor's 1600 & 2lit BDA's.

Graham rebuilt the 396 out of the Elfin before it did a 2yr stint in Spinner Blacks Power Boat.

When I worked for Joseph Lucas Electrical I met & became good friends with Kerry Little when he had purchased the now rebuilt to 427B/B & installed it into his front engined VW beetle hotrod 'King Rat'.

I can see myself spending hour catching up/reading heaps on this site.

Congratulations on this amazing forum & thank everyone for doing a lot to preserve our motor racing history.

Cheers,

AL