Hey Paul, yeah car was definitely road registered, dad has photos of it when he raced it at pukekohe hanging on his study wall, I will have to ask him. 1978 seems to ring a bell for year of manufacture?, from memory, the old fella always had trouble with traction with the car, as when he first got it racing it used to axle tramp horrifically leaving dotted lines down the track!! hence the strapping down, but I dont think he actually changed any of the factory running gear. I didnt have my drivers licence when he bought the car, so he must of purchased it 79-80? After the last radical engine build, the car became quite tempremental, and would constantly pop things, so dad got fed up with it, but when it went right was orsome. We got into competitive sailing, and car was left in garage until sold. If you can imagine putting a rubbish can on your head, getting someone to belt the hell out of it with a bat, that is about how loud that thing used to be when riding in it - the induction noise was like a commercial vacuum cleaner !! - cheers, Rob