Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Hi all,

I am aware of that CAMS has nothing to do with NZ! so what you are saying is that Steel Bros Sevens were only allowed to be called Lotuses in NZ. Is that correct understood? You are also saying that Australian CAMS (our national body) know absolutely nothing about the Steel Bros Seven! Isn’t that what Trevor calls slander?

No this I by far my first contribution (if you must know!) but instead of changing my old profile which contains all my personal details such as e-mail address I have made a new one. I do not want persons like Trevor to have my e-mail address (for obvious reasons may I say).

Cheers,

John
John, it is not, nor was not, my intention to "slander CAMS". I was curious as to why CAMS would have any mention of the Steele cars in their rules at all. I don't even know if they were exported. (Nor do I care).
As for a "lynch mob"! We obviously have different slants to reading, I read it and still do that Mike had made comments re the rights which Steeles did, or did not have to call them Lotus. Trevor made a comment that I felt warned Mike about making such comments, no more. You interpret that differentlly.
I agree with all the parties who actually care, that someone needs to "put up or shut up". That can be either Mike with documents to show that Steeles were acting illegally, or someone in NZ showing that there was some agreement. Of course the chances of finding something at the UK end would be nigh on impossible, even if they did exist in the time. That means that the only option is at the NZ end, again if those records still exist, after all how many years ago was the operation closed down?
I re-iterate, AT THE TIME, NZ had numerous visits from Lotus staff, surely action would have been taken rather than the tacit support which was shown?