Thread: The Mc Begg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Without getting into a debate on the accuracy of 'Historic Racing Cars of New Zealand' Graham Vercoe laments the McBegg having being sacrificed to make an OSCA car. From memory Viva sounds right....

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wilkinson View Post
    Without getting into a debate on the accuracy of 'Historic Racing Cars of New Zealand' Graham Vercoe laments the McBegg having being sacrificed to make an OSCA car. From memory Viva sounds right....
    I'm getting older and memory's failing but the only Osca car I remember that was built using racing car components, (in those days) was a Datsun 180b owned by --------------? (I'll remember soon, or Rod McElrea knows).
    The car had the front and rear suspension, transaxle, and Chev engine with crossover Crower inlet manifold and Lucas mechanical injection (which I set up/tuned on the car) out of a F5000 McLaren (I think). Maybe it was from the Begg!
    I remember being very concerned about all that engine weight being supported by the nice shiny (and weak) tubular wishbones from the single seater!
    Sadly the owner was killed in a testing acident when the clevis pin fell out of the brake pedal.
    PK.

That sounds like the car built from the ex Pederson M18.