Now there's a thing....speedway. I haven't been to a speedway meet for some time, but I hear that they still manage to draw in the crowds. Why? Rapid, quick fire races, no buggering around with safety cars, except in the event of a bad crash, and plenty of action on the track, and an occasional stoush in the pits, and they do actually RACE. All good fun, and as oldfart says it WAS all good fun. I wrote ages ago on Yards and Yarns, that it was a long time since I had seen a smile on the spectators faces, but just occasionally we can drag them away from the hot-dog stand and get them enthralled in the action on the track. Of course it is the same old story....participation is better than anticipation, and I can see that to a lot of people motoracing is about as boring as America's Cup sailing or bowls, but I'm sure that actually participating in those events is hugely exciting. All this to see if we can improve the image of Classic car racing, and I'm sure if we bandy it about long enough some ideas will come out of it.