Thread: BRYAN FALOON

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I never had the privilege of meeting Bryan but owned the old #57 Anglia for a fair while. Everyone always spoke very highly of him. I'll see if I can load a picture of him at Cabbage Tree, at this stage he had gone to the 1650 cc engine with a locked diff.Name:  rbf.jpg
Views: 2679
Size:  34.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by frd1 View Post
    I never had the privilege of meeting Bryan but owned the old #57 Anglia for a fair while. Everyone always spoke very highly of him. I'll see if I can load a picture of him at Cabbage Tree, at this stage he had gone to the 1650 cc engine with a locked diff.Name:  rbf.jpg
Views: 2679
Size:  34.1 KB

Some years ago - might have been around 15 - I happened to be in Hamilton when a National car show was on at Mystery Creek so I went to have a look. I was wandering around in the building and came across an Anglia 105E racer. Talking to it's owner, he told me it was Bryan Faloons old car and he was restoring it to exactly how it was when Faloon raced it.
    The guy was very friendly but before we really got into a conversation some acquaintance of his walked up and commenced talking over the top of me ( one of those people who didn't get taught manners when he was young ) so I wandered off.
    When I saw it the car was well advanced in it's restoration so it seems strange that it wasn't completed and become known.

Anyone know anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Noo Noo View Post
    Some years ago - might have been around 15 - I happened to be in Hamilton when a National car show was on at Mystery Creek so I went to have a look. I was wandering around in the building and came across an Anglia 105E racer. Talking to it's owner, he told me it was Bryan Faloons old car and he was restoring it to exactly how it was when Faloon raced it.
    The guy was very friendly but before we really got into a conversation some acquaintance of his walked up and commenced talking over the top of me ( one of those people who didn't get taught manners when he was young ) so I wandered off.
    When I saw it the car was well advanced in it's restoration so it seems strange that it wasn't completed and become known.

Anyone know anything about it?
    I'm guessing Murray Whitehead in Palmerston North still has Bryan's car, he made a great job of restoring it back to its period specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    I'm guessing Murray Whitehead in Palmerston North still has Bryan's car, he made a great job of restoring it back to its period specs.
    Yes Murray still has the car. It has been used at a few events, mainly hillclimbs and goes well. Murray does not live in Palmerston any longer. At this time he is not in the best of health, but as always optimistic, and looking forward to a great recovery.

Name:  bryan faloon 001 (2).jpg
Views: 876
Size:  74.0 KB

How's this for coincidence?
    Last week I asked if anyone knew about Bryan Falloon's old Anglia that I saw when it was well advanced in it's restoration. Today, I was hunting for something in my shed, picked up an old POR15 catalogue and saw this photo on the front cover. The car itself.

David Hunter

Hi David, that is because Murray was the owner of the POR15 company in Nz.
    While at a show some guy came on the POR 15 stand, he and I often shared display space, and waxed on about the car, He then asked if he could look inside. Some time later (perhaps the same show) he returned and handed Murray a bible. He said that Bryan had always carried one in the glovebox, and that this was Bryan's actual one. True or not, I don't know, but the bible is in the glovebox.