Thread: Western Springs Petition

Semi-Pro Racer

Western Springs Petition

Latest petition to save Western Springs Speedway in Auckland.

If you don’t like the way people move close to circuits & then complain about the noise, the Western Springs Speedway in Auckland is ‘THE’ one venue you/we all must try to protect. Please follow the link below & sign the petition (and don’t forget to forward the petition to other people you think would like to support this historic venue..)

http://www.speedwayclub.co.nz/signpetition.php

Over 35000 now, get on there guys, PLEASE!

Got mine done. I still miss Baypark - bigtime.
    We must not allow it to happen to Western Springs

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaussie View Post
    Interesting article...
    Yep definitely worth a read!
    Cheers
    ----------------
    Chris

Semi-Pro Racer
    Timaru's circuit at Level's runs under some quite stringent controls after the new locals lobbied the local council.

World Champion
    I seem to remember signing a petition some time ago for this cause. We are still fighting apparently. These complainers really piss me off, throwing their weight around and moaning to some pathetic local council members, and winning for Gods sake. We have had similar instances here in Cambridge.......Lake Karapiro and the Speed-boats. The yuppies move on to expensive pieces of land, then when the speed-boats turn up a COUPLE of times each year, they moan their arses off. Well, I say, do your homework before shifting. Another example, which actually happened, was some yuppie townies bought a nice 10 acre block so 'Samantha' could have a pony. They didn't appreciate that the country-side is not always quiet, and there are lots of farm operations that go on 'after-hours'. This one was about ODOURS!!!! There was, a few hundred meters away from this block, a pig farm which occasionally 'polluted the atmosphere' with piggy smells. Again these folk complained to all sorts of authorities, and after a lengthy battle, costing everyone a lot of money, won their case. It didnt matter that the pig farm had been there since Auntie fell off the tram!!! It destroyed the owners, and there was an uproar in the district, but the decision had been made, and that was that. Our council took NO notice of our petition and just bulldozed their way through to a conclusion. All power to you guys with this petition, but going on previous experience I'm not holding my breath. Just because you were there first doesn't mean a thing........apparently.

Talking of whingers in Cambridge I believe that some locals around the new BMX track complained recently about the noise from the track and when the Council investigated found that there was NO ONE there on the day in question !!! I think that this says it all. These people deserve to be made to look stupid because thats what they are.

People move into these areas buying cheaper houses because of the EXISTING possible noise situation and then immediately start moaning their asses off because of the percieved noise. We should find out what their hobbies/sports are and start moaning about their noise.

World Champion
    Further to post 7. After writing that piece, I was downtown having a quiet cup of coffee, when a real estate agent who I know, came along and had a chat. Because I had just posted, and things were fresh in my mind, I mentioned the pig farmer driven off his property by 'samantha's' parents, to this guy. Well, the out come of all that, according my real estate mate, was that these people only stayed for a bit over 2 years because 'samantha' discovered BOYS and lost interest in ponys, and the parents got sick of looking after all the grass and weeds that grew in the hot humid Waikato, and departed for some new subdivision, leaving a trail of destruction behind them. God these people make me wild!!

I can hear the Springs Speedway from my home - it's actually rather pleasant listening to them on a summer's evening, so yes I'll definitely be signing.

Make sure everyone e-mails this link on to everyone on their contacts list.

PS : Even Hampton Downs (despite being out in the country side) has had noise complaints from neighbours!

Semi-Pro Racer
    I see now the rumour is to shift Western Springs to Mount Smart Stadium?.

Don't you just hate those yuppie pricks, buy a block next to a race track and then moan about the noise, same at Ruapuna. Council had to buy a lot of houses to keep the locals happy.

Weekend Warrior
    Houses around this area should have a caveat not to be able to complain about noise from western springs, I am sure they don't complain about the free concerts!!

I remember reading an article about Perris Speedway on the out skirts of San Bernardino county near Los Angles that by just switching the track lights on "when there was no race meeting" cause 12 complaints, you gotta laugh don't you!!

I had heard the Prison has complained at Hampton, go figure!!!

Dale M

Yea heard the same Dale, apparently the fumes they reckon could be dangerous. Why not pipe the fumes from the motorway into the cells and save us heaps.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Silcock View Post
    Don't you just hate those yuppie pricks, buy a block next to a race track and then moan about the noise, same at Ruapuna. Council had to buy a lot of houses to keep the locals happy.
    And same for the Carrs Road kart track, out the back of Wigram, ChCh, they're relocating!
    Bloody ridiculous, they've been there since Adam was a cowboy
    PK
    Last edited by Paul Kirk; 07-01-2012 at 01:07 AM.