World Champion

Photo's

Cont'd
    Attached Images Attached Images       

World Champion

photos

courtesy Grahan Gaskell
    Attached Images Attached Images      

This is bloody fantastic Bry! Where do you find this stuff? The Impala jump is pretty mental. What were they thinking? That thing must weigh 2 tons. I vaguely recall an Impala being used in a stunt shot for the Shaker Run movie, where gets fired off a jump ramp. I don't think it was actually used in the final edit though. But is that what this was from?

Neat to see the circuit racers in there, Ian Munt and John Fisher in their V8 Capri's. Whose is the blue Capri behind Fisher?

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    This is bloody fantastic Bry! Where do you find this stuff? The Impala jump is pretty mental. What were they thinking? That thing must weigh 2 tons. I vaguely recall an Impala being used in a stunt shot for the Shaker Run movie, where gets fired off a jump ramp. I don't think it was actually used in the final edit though. But is that what this was from?
    See what the Roaring Season has done to me Steve?..get a day off and I spend it trawlling the net !..
    Last edited by bry3500; 01-13-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Ha ha ha, I can't be held responsible!

World Champion

I was lucky enough to be given this stuff which was taken with Super8 video. I run the www.pbdrc.co.nz website which I have dedicated a section for history. I have other stuff on it as well including the Ashburton Flying mile, Wild Bill Shrewsbury pulling wheelstands in the Knotts Berry Farm wagon at Wigram and a bit more

This was a visiting American stunt driver, what you see here was the second attempt, I was talking to one of the guys who built the ramp today and he was saying the poor driver was absolutely sh^%ting bricks about this jump but he kept saying na everythings fine...
    They straped a couple bottles with petrol to the end of the ramp and a can of petrol with a rag hanging out of it about a foot in front of it so the car hit the can and smashed the bottles.
    The poor driver come round the bottom bend of Ruapuna full noise and kept it flat the entire straight, the guys said to the driver just let go the steering wheel and wave to the crowd when you are in the air.... lol... I s..t you not!

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Racebred View Post
    I was lucky enough to be given this stuff which was taken with Super8 video. I run the www.pbdrc.co.nz website which I have dedicated a section for history. I have other stuff on it as well including the Ashburton Flying mile, Wild Bill Shrewsbury pulling wheelstands in the Knotts Berry Farm wagon at Wigram and a bit more
    Great stuff!!

World Champion

World Champion
    Knotts Berry Farm Wheelie Van at Wigram

World Champion

Neat to see the circuit racers in there, Ian Munt and John Fisher in their V8 Capri's. Whose is the blue Capri behind Fisher?
    Hi Steve, where abouts was Dads run as couldn't see it. Still have his winning sash from that day at home. I think half a doz OSCA boys were invited to have a few runs for fun, 1983.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    Hi Steve, where abouts was Dads run as couldn't see it. Still have his winning sash from that day at home. I think half a doz OSCA boys were invited to have a few runs for fun, 1983.
    There's a photo at the bottom of Post #3, of Capri No.43.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-16-2012 at 08:45 AM.